1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stepparents are crazy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by empireants18, Jul 5, 2013.

1. empireants18

Alright so I'm going to try to sum this up concisely. I doubt I'll do a good job at that seeing as it's a bit of a long story.

So I was living with my dad, stepmom, sister, and stepsiblings but my stepmom grew to i guess hate me because I was always kind of isolated in my room and i'm a bit messy and hard to deal with. face-to-face it was always fine with her I mean I was always sure to be civil and polite. Anyways she would do crazy things like when my bird died and I was getting him a casket, she stole his wrapped up body, replaced it with a bottle of sunscreen, and buried him herself. She would also take and hide my videogames and without warning "clean" my room while I was absent. [by "clean" i mean take all my shit and put it in a garbage bag and leave it there for me to deal with]

Anyways she'd always complain to my dad when something bothered her, so she kind of built a shitty wall between my dad and I- also I'm kind of irresponsible and lazy in the first place so long story short, my dad decided to move me to live with my mom until I find my own living situation [I'm trying to move to Aptos as soon as possible but wow finding a place is like impossible]

So now I'm living in my mom's house and oh my :***: god

First of all, my mom is really crazy about things being pristine and perfect and she has a short temper- she pretty much terrorized me as a kid but since I stopped living with her our relationship has improved... but now I'm living with her again. so.

But despite the fact that she breathes down my neck and narrates my responsibilities to me every waking minute of the day, she isn't even the problem. I mean at least she's just trying to help me find my own place and keep order in her house. My problem is my stepdad. He is just.. impossible. He's a Venezuelan musician and he's one of those big baby guys who makes a big huge deal out of tiny things. He throws fits if he doesn't have his way and he expects everything to be served to him on a platter. He has emotionally abusive habits and he doesn't care about anybody but himself. When I wasn't living with him he was always all nice and cheerful and foreign musician-y whatever but I could always tell that's just his "charm" and not his real disposition. I have a very good radar for his kind of personality.

My responsibilities in the house include doing the dishes. Yesterday morning I made a cake for the family and left some things in the sink because the dishwasher was full of clean plates and I was getting ready to go. While I was showering, I heard screaming between my mom and stepdad from downstairs. It didn't surprise me because most of their conversations are screaming- even if they're not arguing.. he's just a loud, annoying guy and it's impossible to ever explain anything to him. Anyway as I'm getting out of the shower, my mom texts me telling me to come out to the car and not to even look at my stepdad because he was super pissed at me for leaving stuff in the sink. So I go out to the car and my mom's all pissed and then she tells me to go back inside to do the dishes.

At this point I pretty much had it with my stepdad's dumbassery. Like this guy expects everyone to be afraid of him. My mom sure is but I wasn't about to let him think he has that power over me. So I walked back in and I was like confident as hell I didn't care if he heard me I wanted him to know I wasn't afraid of him and I wanted him to feel ridiculous for throwing a tantrum. I'm very good at keeping my cool- so I just walked into the kitchen next to where he was eating and happily scrubbed all the dishes. I made sure to whistle and occasionally giggle to myself so he'd know I wasn't afraid of him and a little bit just to express some contempt. I mean who gets that pissed off about a couple dishes in a sink? All this time he's silently eating and I can tell he's like fuming and it was just hilarious to me. I usually don't get the opportunity to be that cruel, so I savored it a bit. I happily finished cleaning everything, hummed a bit while I put my shoes on, and cheerily said "bye!" as I left. Pissed as hell, he stormed outside and yelled at me in broken english, "IF YOU NO FOLLOW RULES I NO WANT YOU TALK TO ME"

I was just like alright fine and went on with my life. When I got home that night, he was still pissed. This morning I woke up and he's still pissed. Let me just make this clear. THIS MAN HAS BEEN PISSED AT ME FOR TWO DAYS FOR LEAVING DISHES IN THE SINK. Anyway I don't care that he's upset because he can go frick himself but the problem is as long as he's upset, my mom's upset. And I'd rather her not be upset because when she's upset, it gets dumped out on me. I do not want to apologize to my stepdad- I'm naturally very quick to apologize when I notice I've done something wrong and I would have apologized for leaving dishes out if he hadn't made such a big stink about it. I don't know I'm just in a crappy mood because I'm stuck in this house and I haven't seen any friends in god knows how long and I can't go out and I'm living with an asshole and I'm trying to get out but moving and finding a job is a bitch. I'm just like what do i do man.

Sorry this was long- had to get it out somewhere haha. :rolle:

2. LD579

Uh, wow. My sympathy to you for dealing with... these interesting people.

3. Grrrr331

Lol i feel bad for you. Sometimes parents are just annoying sometimes.

4. FluffyKinz

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That must be hard to put up with all the time .__. i think i would snap around people like those..