1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dreaded ambiguous crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Vix193, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Vix193

Er...Yes. So, I apologize in advance for yet another "Crush on my friend" thread. However, considering the situation I seem to be embroiled in, I would just like a other party's input on the way my friend acts towards my affections. Let's call him J.

Anyways, I've had quite the crush on J for about a year and a half now. We've been friends for 7 years, and, I began to attempt to show him a clue or two by acting more touchy and affectionate. At first I called him "Love" quite often, and even opted for the use of a pet name. His reaction was a bit inquisitive at first, but, he came to accept the new names.

As for the touchy part, I will frequently pull motions and gestures that mere acquantinces wouldn't even dare imagine, for fear of being labelled queer. His reaction is...well, that's just it. There really is no reaction from him. I can do a whole plethora of things, and he won't say a word about it. I could lay my head on his shoulder, put my arm around his shoulders or waist, kiss his neck, lay my head on his chest, rest my hand on his inner thigh. All sorts of things. Nothing. No really notable reaction from him. It's, rather puzzling, to say the least.

The next thing that's common for us, is extensive phone converstions. We'll talk at least 9 hours everyday, aimlessly, about any random subject to cross our Internet culture addled minds. He always seems to enjoy our conversations, and I do as well. It's even gotten to the point where we'll go into the next day, and still be carrying on the conversation from before.

When he spends nights (very rarley. Thank you, conservative parents) I'll sort of...cuddle with him. And lo and behold. No reaction. However, the other day, something odd happened, which I had not anticipated. I reached for his hand, and intertwined my fingers with his. He gave a reaction that time; Albeit, a small one. He squeezed my hand. Now, I'm aware that this is a small gesture; but, it is rather symbolic, so I hear.

Anyways...I digress. Any input on this would be appreciated. I do apologize again for another post like this. And, pardon me if the post is hard to read. English is not my first language. I'm use to german! Thank for taking the time to look at this.

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Difficult to know for sure, but based on the fact he doesn't automatically move away from you but doesn't really respond to anything either that tells me he likes you so much as a good friend that he is willing to ignore those unwanted suggestive moves. If he was into guys but not wanting to show it, he'd pull away or have some other negative reaction, or a positive reflex immediately followed by negative reaction...

3. Vix193

Yeah, it is rather difficult. Although, he is the type of person who does NOT like to be touched by anyone. And he's also know for making his thoughts known. If he didn't like it, I thought he would have told me by now. The fact that he's not doing anything is a bit out of character for him. A friend of mine suggested that he simply was afraid to recuperate because of his often disclosed nature. I find he's rather possessive, and gets really jealous if I sort of ignore him and talk to someone else.