1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel lonely.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by livelyguy, Jul 6, 2013.

1. livelyguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I'm new to this site so I hope I'm putting this in the right spot! I have recently been feeling very lonely. I don't think I'm ready to come out to everyone but I feel like I really want to have a nice relationship with another guy. I don't know of anyone in my school around my age that's out. I see all these people around me having these nice relationships and I just feel this overwhelming lonliness. I don't know if I need advice or just someone to talk to. Thanks. :icon_sad:

2. flight

Hi livelyguy!

I can totally relate to how you feel. All of my friends are in a relationship and none of them know I'm gay, except one who like to remind me all the time that he is. No one in my school is out either which sucks. I'm assuming you're in High school like me and it sucks.

When I feel lonely I think I just take solace in believing the future will be so much brighter and better than it is now, and one day I will meet someone. We will all meet someone if we choose to have a relationship.

If you want to chat my wall is always open.

Flight

3. Amerigo

welcome :slight_smile:

me too, i don't know why, it's not like me to feel the need for a partner, i'm very independent like that, it's actually getting on my nerves - all this want for a companion. hmm...

i agree with above, perhaps one day we'll all meet the one person we can call our other half.

4. livelyguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello flight! Thank you for the reply. I'm 16 and in high school so you assumed correctly. :icon_bigg I hope you're right about finding someone. Sometimes I'm kind of an *ahem* impatient person. hehe. But it also doesn't help that my social anxiety gets in the way of me meeting new people. thank you for the support and advice!(*hug*)

---------- Post added 6th Jul 2013 at 04:08 PM ----------

I can see where you're coming from with this. I never thought I would want to be close to someone this badly. Thank you for the reply! :icon_bigg

5. karina

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am sure there are more ppl out there in high school feel the same way like u r. People are more likely to be afraid to come out in high school to avoid being bully by others. Don't worry u are not alone

6. MrBrightside

Nothing wrong with feeling lonely, everyone gets it at some point. I was very lonely in high school, and things do get better afterwards :slight_smile: You're shoved in with a random bunch in school where you all have to try to fit in, after high school you go your own way with people who like you for who you are, and things become easier.

The whole relationship thing is something i still feel. Im newly out a couple months ago to friends and i have always wanted someone to share life with, i do find it weird cos i like to think of myself as a strong person who doesnt NEED anyone, but i think its natural to seek a partner.

7. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I really understand how you feel. My only advice is not to isolate yourself. Get social, you will meet someone eventually.

8. Kamina

Yea it comes on about half way through the school year every year for me. There is only one person out at my school (im 17 yrs) and he and I have... clashing... personalities. EC is a great place to talk to other people and feel a little less lonely. irl try to talk to other people and don't isolate yourself, that is a really bad idea speaking from experience :icon_wink

Anyways, :welcome: to EC ^.^

9. maverickhunter

Being single doesn't mean being lonely, don't forget that! : D