1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was this a Good or Wrong thing to do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Jul 8, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

So I took into account all of your advice on how to approach Zak (I revealed his name in the last thread), and have really decided that I'm am going to talk to him within the next 2 weeks (9 days exactly).

My best friend has got his sister in Facebook, and he says that he is going to tell her that someone he knows likes her brother. She is then going to obviously say who, and then he's going to tell her it's me. I don't that that she or Zak will be that surprised though, because I think they've know for months. However, me and my best friend fell out just hours after that confirmation, so now he's either going to ruin it altogether with me and Zak, or just not going to bother telling her. He might carry on with the proposition, but I doubt it. If he does ruin it though, I have something to ruin his love life as well. Mwahahahahaaaaa!

Secondly, I have asked two girls that I am nearly on the status with friends in my German to look on his Facebook profile to see if they can discover his mobile phone number. If they can, then they said that they will give it to me as soon as possible. I'm not really planning on calling him, but it would be useful to have his number handy.

Also, I don't suppose that you could give me any advice on how to get back with my friend could you? We always fall out and always get back together, but it just really frustrated me when I'm not the one in the wrong, and his stupid actions ruin my whole day, if not longer.

So two things:

-How to get back together with a friend
    - Have I done the right things in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs? And could you give me any more advice? I'm taking this a step at a time, and I WILL talk to him within the next nine days!

Thanks, I'm sad today.

2. BudderMC

3 things:

1) Your plot to talk to this boy (sorry, I haven't followed all of the previous threads) sounds unnecessarily complicated. Generally when people like someone, we encourage them to get to know them as friends first. Framing your conversation with him as being "the guy who like-likes you" means that that will be his first impression of you. Why not just message him and be like "You seem like a cool guy and I know you from _____. S'up?"

2) I disagree with getting his number if you aren't planning on using it - what's the point in having it then? It just makes you look creepy IMO if you've had his number for ages (and he finds out) but you never used it. If you start conversation with him, then in there you can casually ask "so, what's your number?" and then start texting him as well. Depending on how and when you bring it up, it also hints at you being interested in him.

3) Why do you and your friend keep "falling out"? And perhaps if you're falling out that often, maybe you're not really as good friends as you think you are?

3. HeyAshley

why would you want someone's # without their consent of you having it? doesn't that just kind of defeat the whole purpose of having someone special give you their #? honestly, if my # was listed on facebook and someone had someone else creep on my profile to get it and then they texted or called me - i'd probably block them. that's creepy.

if you constantly have falling outs with your friend, you should probably reevaluate the friendship before you make a repair effort. seems flaky to me.

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you keep 'falling out' it's probably better to either not be friends anymore or figure out what's making you fall out and well, stop it. What made it happen this time?

And I agree with the others. Having his number before you've even talked to him is well...creepy. I have my crush from school's number without him giving it to me but that's just because I synced my iPhone Contacts with my Facebook friends and it popped up. I don't use it though and have organized my contacts so that it doesn't even show up. Besides, why does an eleven year old have a Facebook or a phone..?

Why would it be handy to have his number? I mean if you're not going to text him or call him then it's unnecessarily creepy.

I also agree with Budder saying your plan to talk to Zak is unnecessarily complicated. Just because he is apparently aware of you liking him, that doesn't mean he likes you back. Also...your plan doesn't have YOU talking to Zak yourself...or even in person.

5. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe just ask Zak if he wants to go see a movie?