1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma after first date ever

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ptolemy, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Ptolemy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I posted a couple of weeks ago about my first time going to a gay bar and meeting an interesting guy. Well, I had my first date with him last Thursday, the 4th of July here in the US. I really had a great time. He knows all about my newbie and recently out status. We talked, watched the fireworks and I had my first kiss ever! I need practice (and I want a lot of it!), but it felt so good. He is very understanding of my inexperience and even said it’s okay to go and try different things with other people. I really appreciated the sentiment. I have to admit part of me is like hooray I can experiment and go a little crazy. I’m finally in the candy store after locking myself out for over 13 years. I even shock myself checking out all the good looking guys and thinking ooooh yum! Part of me does want to play the field a bit. But at the same time I don’t think I’m a one night stand type of person and dating two people at the same time doesn’t exactly sit well with me either. When I finally sleep with someone I want to have gotten to know him first. I like this guy and want to keep seeing him (planning to meet up again later this week), but I don’t want to come across as some 12 year old with a pink fuzzy pen and a creepy future wedding book. Part of me is afraid he thinks I only like because it’s my first time and I’m still a bit emotionally immature in these matters, to be honest I spent all weekend thinking about this (Am I getting carried away? Is it possible to get lucky and meet someone great on the first try?). Am I just over-thinking this? How can one go about getting more experience without being too loose?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you're pretty monogamous! I would flirtatiously hint that I wanted to practice with the guy you first kissed. Tell him he won't regret it if he's patient with you. That way you're being playful instead of coming across as clingy but still have your eyes on one guy at a time.

Although if you really do want to play the field there are bars you can go to. I just wouldn't recommend it because you already have a great guy to "practice on" and it's hard to find a good date these days. :slight_smile:

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second that, enjoy what you've got! One caution though, if he is giving you permission to "play the field", does he intend to do the same?

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wondered that too...