1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think my friend could be gay/bi/curious?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SirDerp, Jul 9, 2013.

1. SirDerp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haha sorry, I know there are heaps of these but I suppose it's MY story this time :slight_smile:
    ITS A BIT LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I've been good friends with him for about 4 years now. We're closer than ever now and we hang out all the time. He's 18, fit and has a girlfriend with whom he has been going out with for about 6 months now. I don't doubt for a second that he loves her, but I wonder though if he may have had gay thoughts or curiosities.

I myself am Bi, and I ALWAYS make gay jokes/notions/comments to him. He pretty much just smiles or laughs most of the time. I teasingly call him sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, babe and he doesn't mind. I can't say that to any other one of my male friends without getting a 'don't say that'. I don't want to start anything with him, but I'm very attracted to him and love spending time with him. The reason I wonder if he might be bi/gay/curious is sometimes I do things to him which no straight guy would ( not sexually lol). Besides talking gay to him sometimes, one time at springbreak I snuggled with him in a single bed for hours and he didn't mind at all. I jokingly said stuff like 'You're hot', 'Go out with me' and that just chuckles. I have a thing for feet lol, so I give him foot massages and play with his feet all the time. He wouldn't let anyone else do that, not even his girlfriend. One time a bunch of us guys and myself were at a sleep over and I began to stroke my fingers through his hair and he didn't say a thing or do anything, just enjoyed it. Sometimes he'll place his legs over my shoulder and notion me to play his feet. One time at the post-formal I was lying on his lap and he began to play with my ear, with his now girlfriend sitting next to him. (Who wasn't at the time) That definitely isn't really what a straight person would do right? I haven't told him that I'm Bi, but I think he definitely knows that I'm not straight. He hasn't treated me different, except like while ago he was at my house and I was being annoying and tried to like bear hug him. Then I got a text from him saying "Be as gay you want, but not with me ." Which really hurt and pissed me off. But then later we hang out and everything goes back to normal and I pretty much continue doing what I say in the above. I know I could possibly just be deluding myself or something, but there's just so many small hints.

I don't want him to be my boyfriend or anything. I don't want to convert him or try to break his relatioinship. I only love him as a friend and I would never try to hurt him or make a move on him. But I just wonder O.O

2. boysdontcry

It's completely possible that he is gay or bi-curious, of course, but he could also just trust you as a friend. In the mean time, just act as normal. If he is and he's not ready to tell you, then don't bother him about it. It shouldn't really matter his orientation, if he's committed, so why waste time worrying?

3. wboii

wboii Guest

He pretty much said it. He's in a relationship, i know youre curious but you shouldnt focus on that. Unless of course you like him more than you think, which is what it seems like to me but thats another topic.

If he were to break up with his gf and do those "gay" things with you then maybe he is curious but again, like bousdontcry said, dont bother him about it. From that one text he sent you when you were crossing the line a little, he didnt seem comfortable. This could either be because he's straight and isnt into men at all & just is really close to you or he's a little curious but isnt ready to go past a certain level of physical contact with another guy.

Just give him space. If the "gay" things like snuggling, playing with your ear etc continue and get to an extreme THEN I would think investigating if he is curious a little further would be acceptable.

Hope things work out and you get an answer.