1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being led on?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Noivern, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Noivern

Noivern Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been talking to this guy I met online for a while. We would arrange a day to meet up, but as the day got closer, he would ignore my messages. I didn't send him any more messages after that, but about a week or so later, he would start a conversation with me and pretend like nothing happened. We would arrange another day to meet up but he would ignore me and the same thing happened. This happened about 4 or 5 times.

Anyway, we eventually did meet up and I went out drinking with him and his friends. He said he liked me and he started cuddling up to me when I was sleeping. Since I met up with him, we arranged another date and he started to ignore me again when the day got closer. We sent a few drunken texts to each other a couple of days later and he said he wants me to be his bf sometime because he likes me. I don't know if he meant that or if he was just saying it because he was drunk. He said he couldn't meet up last week because he didn't have any money, but we will meet up this week. I know that isn't going to happen though. The last time we spoke was on Wednesday last week and we started talking about Xbox. He said I could add him on Xbox live and the last text I sent him was asking him what his gamertag was so I can add him but I haven't got a reply. I know he has been on his phone since because he has been using it to make posts on Facebook.

I really really like him. Part of me thinks that he is leading me on, but the other part refuses to believe it. I don't want to be the one to start off a conversation, but if he does like me, I don't want him to think I have forgotten about him.

2. BudderMC

I don't think that's "leading you on" per se, but he certainly isn't treating you like you're worth his time, whether intentionally or not.

Do you know if he's a habitually bad texter with other people as well? That might help to determine whether or not his behaviour is specific to you.

3. LD579

I don't want to assume anything, 'cause that'd be presumptuous of me, but one possibility that pops into mind is that he's talking to you when he has nothing else to do. You'd be like a backup friend that he flirts with in that case, if that makes sense, and that definitely isn't nice or fair.

It's also a possibility that he's just busy. That's not out of the question at all, even if he does do random Facebook stuff and not talk to you. It's really hard to say, and so, despite what I said above, I'm honestly unsure which case is more plausible.

You could ask him about this. If you consciously tried to not come across as confrontational or accusatory, that'd likely help. Depending on his response, you'd have a better idea of what you want to do about you and him.

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He might just be scared that he likes you too much and not be ready for anything serious. It seems like cold feet to me.
    Maybe he has a bad experience with a clingy person or something and he thinks about that before meeting up and backs off. But still wants to give you a chance so he tries again. Conflicting thoughts.

But yeah, the best thing you can do is just talk about it. Ask him why he does what he does.