1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend with a little benefit I fell in love with.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bagginses, Jul 9, 2013.

1. bagginses

bagginses Guest

So I met this guy. We talked for I think 2 months now and he decided that he wanted to be friends with benefit. He and I texted a lot over the summer. He honestly wasn't that good lookin. A heavier guy with a decent looking face. So I thought "I'm kinda too good for this guy". And so I kinda hinted to him that I was too good for him by saying I had other guys I was talking to. He was so consistent and spoke with so much confidence. He would say things ( kinda inappropriate things but sweet all the same) to me. So I said sure lets be friends with benefit (obviously we haven't got to the benefit part because I was too traditional).
    Even though he wasn't good lookin he had the attitude I liked. I would wait for him to text me, and when he did I would get overly excited. I loved talking to him because he gave me confidence, he got my jokes and sarcasm. He made me laugh and smile more than anyone I've met so far.
    He slowly started texting me less and I felt that maybe he lost passion for me. So I confronted him about it. The message I got was that we are friends with benefits and probably no more than that.
    I was crushed because I knew How this was going to end but I fell for him anyways.
    How did I know I "loved" him? Because this relationship wasn't fueled by sexual desires, at least on my behalf.
    He said he was going to marry a women because he loves women, he just likes the physical aspect of a man.

So yep, I'm going to try to move on. We are still friends though because he is a pretty good guy.
    Lesson learned: don't fall in love with someone who just wants a friend with benefit.