1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In my first relationship with a girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Holly, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Holly

So, a few of you may have read one of my threads about a week ago when I talked about how I thought I had a crush on one of my straight friends?

Well, the banter from my friends continued, because they thought me and R would be great together. None of us knew if she was gay/bi so it was all reasonably harmless. Me and R are rather close, and I'm definitely more touchy-feely with her compared to how I am with my other friends. It's just how we've always been.

Anyway, we've been joking around about it, and we were texting about how they think we should be together. If anyone doesn't know what 'shipping' is, it's a shortened version of 'relationship' that means you want two people to be together. Obviously, the connotation to actual boats is clear, so the idea of 'the ship sailing' basically means the relationship starting.

The text conversation went like this:

Me: Question is, is the ship going to sail?" (I actually text this very innocently, I didn't realise what it sounded like)
    R: Do you want it to sail?
    Me: Well, do you want it to sail?
    R: Do you?
    Me: Well I asked first.
    R: Actually, I did. But I wouldn't mind? I'm not misunderstanding here am I?
    Me: Aha, no you're not misunderstanding.
    R: Okay. I would like to give it a try. Would you?
    Me: Yeah, I would like that.
    R: Awesome.
    Me: :slight_smile: I just didn't think you swung my way.
    R: I'm bi. Not that many people know.
    Me: I'm as gay as you can get...
    R: I have to go. I'll talk later?
    Me: Yeah. I look forward to it. Have fun
    R: You too

So yeah. At the time I was standing waiting for my Computing teacher to arrive in the middle of a corridor. While not believing this was happening.

Anyway, that was the back story. It's my first relationship with a girl, and I'm super happy about it because I really like her. I know it shouldn't be any different to being with a guy, but I am rather nervous. How do I break the awkward tension between us? I saw her briefly today, and we didn't really know what to say to eachother...

Does anyone have any tips generally for dating? I've been in a few relationships, but they were years ago when I was like 12 and didn't know what love was...

2. Briluvely

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Do something simple. Go out and see a movie first or something :grin: