1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Holly, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Holly

Ive never really dated properly before (I was in relatonships when I was younger, but I know that I was too immature to understand the complexities of it and to me, they were my experiments with liking guys)

I've just gotten into a relationship that I'm super excited about. It's my first relationship with a girl, but that isn't really the point of this thread. Neither of us have dated properly (she hasn't at all) and I admit I am slightly nervous about it all. She also isn't out, but I think if things go well, we will tell our friends.

Does anyone have any tips for making it work? We are very close as it is, I just don't want to things to be to awkward between us, and I really don't want to seem too clingy...

So, do you have any general tips/advice? It's probably a too broader question.

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. HeyAshley

enjoy the honeymoon stage while you can..........

just kidding, but really. everyone likes what they like, there's no 'proper' way to date someone because that's what will make your relationship unique and worthwhile.

3. derrik

good luck on your dating journey. You might want to set personal markers or limits.

One to possibly consider - is no violence. If someone gets violent dating you - you might want to bail out as opposed to thinking you can change her or somehow you deserved it

4. Holly

Thank you! I doubt she would even hurt a fly, she's definitely not that kind of person. But thank you :slight_smile: