1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally Hypersensitive

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayTeen, Jul 12, 2013.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So when I'm in public or with friends, I could less about what they think and say in relation to me. But on the other hand, when I'm at home, if my family pokes fun or jokes at me or talks about my flaws, I am instantly crushed. :icon_sad: It absolutely ruins my day!

Is anyone else only emotionally sensitive with family?

How do you think I could lessen the effect their comments have on me?

2. LinkLarkin

This obviously shows that you care deeply about what your family thinks about you. In terms of poking fun, I just think you need to be a little more lighthearted. They're only teasing! If it really bothers you though, just tell them and they'll surely love you enough to stop. As for pointing out flaws, that sounds a little harsh on their behalf, but I guess it's a self esteem issue as much as anything else. If you're at peace with what you consider to be your flaws then it will be more difficult for it to bother you!

I realise that much of this is easier said than done but I hope it will be of some help (*hug*)

3. wboii

wboii Guest

Really couldn't have said it any better. :eusa_clap
    Take his advice.