1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I just ruin my chances?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by unknown17050, Jul 12, 2013.

1. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So, I found someone else to crush on after my last flame left the building, to put it shortly; she is a mother; 26, 3 kids, no job, nice and tomboyish but yet still very femenine. I suspect she likes me too and I wonder if I ruined my chances now.

I am currently wondering if I am possibly Bi; I do not see myself in a happy relationship with a man though and all my crushes were on women, but that is not really the point of this post though, at least not the MAIN point. Anyways; she is Bi herself and I got curious and asked her what kind of woman she likes; I told her what kind I like as well and even showed her a picture of a tomboy I had who had short hair and she thought she was hot and sexy but her short hair made her look like a transsexual and then I felt the need to tell her that I sometimes wonder if I am Bi; she took that news to heart and even asked me if I wanted to talk about it with her, and I did.

She gave me a ton of support and care and her opinion as well; she felt that I am not even Bi or Gay, but mostly curious because of inexperience after all these years. Not that I don't agree with her or not, I'm not sure what the case is, all I know is; I cannot see myself in a relationship with a guy, but that is another case for another time to talk about; the main reason I posted this is because shortly afterwards, she became... distant; like after I tried to change the subject because I did not want to dwell on it too long she did not talk as much, albeit she is a mother of 3 and has alot on her hands but something tells me I came of as wrong, not that being gay is wrong or anything but wrong in a sense to go after. Did I mess up by telling her?

2. HeyAshley

first of all you didn't mess up by telling her. if she can't accept who you truly are and you can't discuss your feelings with her without her being distant, she isn't right for you anyway.

this isn't to put you down and just because i'm about to say this doesn't mean that i personally associate with it and/or agree with it, but - majority of women don't exactly fancy a man that relates to homosexuality whether it's past experiences, fantasies or whatever the case may be.

this doesn't mean that there aren't women out there who won't mind, because there's plenty. and who knows, maybe she really is busy after all.

3. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I honestly HOPE that it is she is busy. I said after she asked me questions and I answered them because she too is Bisexual and figured she could help me figure at least a few things out; is when she kind of kept her distance really, she said herself that from the questions that I answered that I do not seem Bi at all; I then went to a Bisexual friend of mine who is a dude and he generally asked me the same questions and I answered them all the same; and even he thinks I am either over-thinking things or am like she said; just overall curious because of my lack of experience with women. In fact; part of the main reason I think I am bi is because I think that I COULD be mentally suppressing my attraction for males. Either way; I HOPE she is just busy, it would seem consistent as during mid-day time is when we don't talk as often...

4. HeyAshley

time will tell. assuming that you're attracted to females but unsure about your attraction to males, you should try to build a relationship with a woman and see how it makes you feel. if you still feel curious, maybe try a gay bar or club and explore your options. only you can truly know what you want.