1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Confession Thread

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by addie88, Jul 14, 2013.

1. addie88

So basically I feel awful right now because my girlfriend and I got into a fight last night and we both said some pretty hurtful things but I kind of take the cake. I was pmsing really hard and generally had been holding some things in for a while. And I really hurt her, and I think I've lost some of her trust.

So if any of you have any advice for this sort of situation or have their own confessions of being total assholes to loved ones then go right ahead and spill your heart to me because I'm feeling like a pretty crappy person right now lol

2. Pilgrim is hot

I have said some terrible things over the years to the people closet to me, personally I find giving people time and space really works wonders, then once everything is calmed you can talk about what happened and apologies can be exchanged. If someone really cares about you they will forgive you as everyone says things they regret, I recommend finding some activities to take your mind of it and then once you are both calmer have a conversation in a place you both feel comfortable. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Aielar

I second this, but also want to add that holding things in (whether they be feelings, or something else) isn't the healthiest, for yourself or for social relationships, thing to practice. My suggestion would be to work on validating your own feelings and respectfully communicating with others about how you're feeling and why you're feeling that way. As you've found, holding things is like a volcano; the pressure keeps building until it explodes. There's some useful internet based resources that could explain this in more, and likely better, detail than I'm doing right now.

4. addie88

See we've talked about it already...it's just that she won't be able to get over it quickly. And I'm really impatient about things like that. It sounds really insensitive of me but honestly I can't stand the fact that I've hurt her and I need to give her time but my heart has become lead.

5. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it time. Impatient or not you need to give it time. My ex said horrible, horrible things to me and I always forgave her, but she was really impatient and it made it hard. Being impatient about things is one of the fastest ways to drive someone away from your heart. I'm sorry for being blunt, but that's just the way it is.... I hope you two can work things out. (*hug*)