1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locked in Loneliness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Valkyrimon, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lately, I've been feeling really lonely. I don't have many friends and even fewer that I can really share my emotions with. The only friend who I can truly trust is on holiday and won't be in contact for over two weeks. Yesterday and today, I've been feeling really depressed. I'm out as trans to my main group of friends, but most of them pretend that nothing's happened and won't speak about it when it comes up. I just feel so helpless and as if no one cares.

Also, other than platonic loneliness, I'm developing a real desire to have a boyfriend, but because of my gender identity I feel as if I'll never have one. I just feel so broken and disgusting. I don't even know what the point of this thread even is, I just feel as if being able to make these feelings physical would help in some way.

2. LinkLarkin

:frowning2: I'm really sorry you're feeling this way. Take it from somebody recovering from depression, everybody feels like this at some point in their lives and there is always light at the end of the tunnel even if you can't see it just yet. (*hug*)

I'm currently away from all my friends as well so I understand the loneliness, that may be why I spend all my spare time on this forum! Even though I don't know anyone here in real life, it helps so much to know that I'm talking to and interacting with real people out there somewhere who actually understand some of the things I'm going through. Just stick with us and you'll feel better soon!

You obviously have very low self esteem - I can relate to that, but, as somebody told me lately, if you learn to love yourself and get over all of your insecurities, then it will become infinitely more likely that you'll find somebody else who loves you as well!

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. It means a lot. (*hug*)

4. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Ditto ! I can relate to that also, yesterday I joined a local LGBT group which meet every two weeks as I had to do something, it was eating at me inside.
    Although I was so nervous I managed to go and I am so glad I did, friendship is very important to me