1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to think?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SPE53, Jul 15, 2013.

1. SPE53

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My boyfriend of 7 months is having problems committing. I've talked about him before. He is still in the closet and having some issues. I'm also in the closet but have fully accepted my homosexuality. Anyways he told me he needs some time to think about himself and us. I told him if your doubting us after seven months than we need to break up. He got very emotional and says he can't see himself without me. I want to continue our relationship but I'm 90% of the reason it's still alive. I make every effort and he makes literally almost zero. We are in college and says its because he is very busy. This is a lame excuse because I am just as busy as he is and I'm dedicated. The point is he asked for a month to think and find himself, I know he won't cheat or anything like that because like I said earlier he is in the closet and I'm pretty much the only one that knows. I'm just wondering what do I need to do to make this month easier on myself, he is literally all I think about and it depresses me. Any tips to keep my mind on other things or help him to realize I'm the right person. Plus we work very closely together so we will actually see each other a lot so do you guys have any tips of staying professional even though there will be a great deal of tension. Please help I've been very depressed over this.

2. SomeNights

Imho that's one of the hardships about dating in the closet. you guys both have almost no support as far as the relationship goes and it a whole lot of sneaking. i'd give him his month if i were you.i mean, you've probably had a point where you just wanted some time alone to figure things out.

In the meantime find other things to keep you attention. I recommend video games and fishing. At work, just focus on the work and "zone out" on it.

3. SPE53

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you that helps a lot. I will try my best to stay busy and not let my mind wonder.