1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intimidated By My Crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KazTastic, Jul 16, 2013.

1. KazTastic

Hi,

So I've got a crush on one of my (bisexual) friends, and I feel so weird and embarrassed around him, and anything to do with him. If I see his name in the Skype friends list, I quickly scroll the page down, if I see a picture of him online (he was on a news website in an article based on one of the fandoms he's part of), I freak out and close the page straight away, if I want to call him, I get nervous and change my mind, because I don't know if he'd actually want to talk to me, and if I finally get the courage to meet up with him, I act very shy, quiet and ditzy around him.

I've acted like this with previous crushes before, and I hate feeling like that. Does anyone else do this with their crushes? Is there a way to stop doing it, and start acting more confident around him?

Thank You
    Nodepony.

2. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    I melt around my crush... like ALL the time... he's also kinda my jujitsu partner and melting while someone is trying to choke you is not a good idea... frankly I can't control it... if you like somebody that much then I doubt it's even possible to do anything... but I would start with really small things... chat him instead of call him on skype... maybe just kinda greet him in the hall instead of talk to him... work up to the scarier stuff... sorry I wasn't more of a help:-( ... I wish you luck in your endeavors :-D :-D <3

3. Blu

Blu

Wish there was.... O_0
    I kind of revert back into a child who has lost their sense of direction, Like I forget a part of my brain at home But its normal. I think? Because I am super intimidated by the guy I like.
    I do know that I avoid being Alone with my crash because theres nothing to distract me from focusing completely on him and I would give myself away if I haven't already. strangely enough its easier and at the same time harder to talk to him when its just us talking. Because in group chats I can only say like two words at a time.

Maybe you could try the reverse and hang out with him in a group setting if you haven't already? Get him talking and if you can relate jump into the conversation.

4. evora

I'm intimidated by my crush too. I always get close to fainting whenever I see her. You'd think it's the exact opposite and I do this->:icon_redf but no, my heart feels like it skips several beats when I see/hear her name. Next time I might actually pass out.:rolle: That would be embarrassing!:lol: And if she doesn't already know I like her, she'll definitely know when that happens!

#4 evora, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  5. GeorgieBoy

I always do this with my crush. ESPECIALLY when we're on our own! But I think it's normal. it's no different from a straight boy being shy around a girl he likes or vice-versa. Sometimes he'll catch me looking at him or I'll catch him looking at me, but I find ways to laugh at it. If he ever asked me, I'd probably just explain that I think he's attractive, since I'm out to him anyway. But obviously, that's easier said than done. :slight_smile:

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This tends to happen less when you get a few years on you. I've had this happen and know the feeling. In all cases, it was an "out of my league" problem, as least in my perception and probably that of others, in which case it's probably not a good crush to begin with. So, it would have been like a celebrity crush. A crush you feel comfortable around is a better crush.

7. KazTastic

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I live 4 hours away from him now (I had to move back to my hometown for work), so I don't have to see him daily. However, I'll be commuting to Sydney on a weekly basis for the next few months, and I'd like to visit him when I'm up there, because we are friends.

I find everyone to be out of my league. At the moment, I'm recovering from depression and social anxiety, and have a moderate case of Asperger Syndrome, so that's sent my self esteem and confidence down to rock bottom. However, I've got the feeling that he isn't as "out of my league" as I think. He also has depression and Asperger's, which means we have a lot in common.

We had an awkward sexual encounter once (I told him I had feelings for him, he kissed me, and we played around), so there might be something there, but we've never spoken about it since. He also has a boyfriend who's much more attractive than me, and is closer to his age.

The fact that he did that with me while having a boyfriend makes me feel horrible for having these feelings for him, because, chances are that he would do the same thing to me. I try thinking about that, but I still can't stop thinking about him in a romantic/sexual way.

Sorry, I'm rambling, I'm at work and haven't had much sleep...

8. VelvetEYES

I think this is fairly normal. When I first met my ex I was the same way and then after I got to know her more that went away. I guess just realize they're people just like you and stop over thinking about every line of communication you want to make with them. Just be yourself.

9. KazTastic

I ended up calling him last night. I was actually really hyper during the conversation, almost to the point where he was worried about me...

I think he's friend-zoned me though. I guess I need to get over him.

10. charmander

Yeah...there was this one time, we were talking and he said something soooo funny and I started crying...A LOT he asked what was wrong I said it was tears of laughter but I was me thinking about the fact that he's higher in social status and looks at me like a peasant sometimes but Idgaf I let my pain swell...And I like it...