1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling bad about guy at work

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shamrockmut93, Jul 16, 2013.

1. There's this guy at work who I always suspected was interested in me, and who I recently discovered is also gay, but I don't really feel the same about him. I just couldn't imagine myself being intimate with him, and he's not really my type. Anyway, I feel bad about this because I know all too well what it's like to have feelings for someone who could never return them. It makes me feel like a hypocrite to do that to someone who I actually have a chance with, especially since I really want to be in a relationship right now, but I really don't know if he would be good for me. I'm afraid it might even confuse me and discourage me from dating if things go wrong, not to mention it's not a good idea to be involved in a same-sex relationship with one of your co-workers, especially where I live. I'm just really confused about this right now. I'm going away to school in another month, so I'm hoping I'll find someone there, but I'm just a little worried that I might be limiting myself too much. However, I also don't like the idea of having to settle for someone who I'm not really comfortable with dating... I mean, I feel bad because I know that I should count my blessings, but being involved with someone who I don't really want to be with kind of defeats the purpose of dating them, you know? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. SomeNights

Agreed, just be upfront with them. I mean I've been there and yeah it hurts, but I'd rather know early that I have no chance than after I've already started......a pursuit? Lol

3. Haha yeah I guess you're right. Though, I'm not exactly sure if that would be necessary, as it's not very likely that he knows I'm gay. Most people don't really pick up on it.