1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I go about this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kamina, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Kamina

So the problem is not whether or not I am lesbian, I'm quite sure at this point, but I'm still quite closeted and I want to try doing some things that will certainly raise a few questions in my household. I want to cause as little waves as possible.

I recently won an argument with my parents about cutting my hair short (asymmetrical pixie) and I am planning to cut it by the end of the summer. Im already getting questions like "you have such beautiful hair why do you want to cut is short?" and its not because I'm a lesbian that I want to do this but more because I like the style but the bonus of maybe looking more like a lesbian is great. I was really surprised how nonchalantly this went down...

Now I am have more and more desire to try and dress in some guys clothes. I've always liked guys styles more than girls and I really want to buy some guys clohes the next time I go shopping but I know this will raise questions so is there any way that I can go about this as smoothly as possible? So maybe it will go down as well as the hair?

I feel as though I should add that my mother has been on a quest to make me more feminine since the beginning of my puberty. I don't like makeup very much or dresses simply because I don't understand the function. Comfort over style for me, always! (If they meet in the middle wonderful! If not oh well)

Any advice is much appreciated

2. HeyAshley

instead of just full blown walking out of your room one day dressed as a male and shocking the world, maybe you should take smaller steps so it's way less noticeable when you want to wear manly things.

start with basketball shorts and a t-shirt. not a men's t-shirt and it doesn't have to be a girly t-shirt, just a regular t-shirt that you own. i know plenty of straight females that wear basketball shorts constantly, it won't be a red flag to your parents. but with the short hair cut and basketball shorts, you might catch more lesbian eyes staring 'atcha. at least, i notice those sorts of things. then maybe you can slowly start easing into the kinds of mens clothing that you're interested in. but you can't walk around looking femme one day then walk out of your room the next day dressed completely like a male without raising any eyebrows.

there's nothing manly about the way i dress, but i definitely wear basketball shorts way more often than your average female.

3. Kamina

Yea cause it's not that I want to be seen as a guy I have just always liked guys styles in the stores more and it seems more comfortable. I'll maybe go shopping with a friend so I don't have to explain to my mother in the store. I think she will have more of a problem than anyone else

Thanks for the reply ^_^