1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dreamt my friend killed himself..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chierro, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So last night I got done with work and was sitting at a picnic table with my boss and some coworkers. Needless to say, my boss was stressed. Three people quit yesterday, adding to our long list of people either not coming back or having to leave or quitting. She finally asked me if I knew of any of my friends who were willing to work (something I've been wanting for her to ask me) and told her I'd look around.

Fast forward to around midnight and I was on Facebook talking to my friend Alexis who just moved back to Wisconsin last week. I was searching through Facebook looking for good people with no jobs and saw my friend Darren was online. Long story short: we met at work, had a rocky friendship, he decided not to come back to work for his third year (not because of me, just to point out). I figured, "Why not?" So I messaged him and to my surprise he messaged me back.

We talked a little but then within maybe 5-10 minutes I ended it because he was slowly not responding and I thought it would make me feel better. My friend Matt texted me back from an earlier text and we talked. Eventually Darren came up and all the drama that ensued with him. Matt then went to sleep.

I feel asleep an hour later from overthinking Darren and that's when it happened...

The parts I remember are flaky. I'm in a house that my dream registered as Darren's house despite me never being there. I'm in absolute tears, just bawling non stop. I hear someone say Darren killed himself or that he committed suicide...I forget the exact wording. I enter what my mind registered as his room and I just start crying even more. I pulled out my phone and went to text Matt saying Darren killed himself but that's when I woke up.

What does this mean? I've never dreamt of something like this before or dreamt something so vivid that I remember much of it. I'm honestly just scared and confused right now. Does it mean I'm still harboring feelings from my time-worn crush that I had told myself I had gotten over? Help...

2. Perhaps

Was the conversation between you and Darren a little sour? As in, it insued a little arguing?

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually no, no arguing at all. Everyone conversation since last September, which has been two conversations including last night, have been very civil and well friendly.

The last time we argued was around August/September of last year. We have some bad history from last year but I thought that all was better.

4. Perhaps

Well, my question is... Are you scared of him dying? Never speaking to him again? What do you feel about him now?

5. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Obviously I'm scared of him dying, he's still my friend and we've been really close.

I am actually really scared of never speaking to him again. Like terrified. I've only known him for three years and now have no reason to see him and probably won't. If I'm lucky I may see him go to the amusement park where I work and I'll be at his graduation...but there aren't situations that I could think of...

I think I still have feelings for him. It was practically love at first sight and that love has been harboring for three years now. I know he's straight so I want to get over him, but I just can't.

6. Perhaps

To me, I just think it's the fact of losing him. Dreams sometimes relate to something has happened recently, but then again, at other times, they could be random things.

Don't think so heavily on this matter~. It's just a dream~. If it starts recurring over and over... Then there might possibly be something wrong? But for now, it was just one time~.

We all worry about others greatly, especially those we love/loved. To me, it seems normal~.

The good thing about all this is: Darren is still alive and healthy~. (*hug*)

This is the best I can do for now, forgive me~. If you are still concerned, don't hesitate to message me~. I love helping~.

7. Bear101

Call Darren and say, "Hey Darren, I had this crazy ass dream about you killing yourself. Is everything ok?"

I've done it a couple times. Once, it was nothing. Once, I was really, really glad that I called.

8. rusteejay

Dreams don't always mean a lot. Generally, it is a summary of a course of events from the previous day. Things get mixed up. Did you read anything about suicide in the news or hear anything? Obviously it is, as a whole, to do with not wanting to lose him, but I wouldn't look too much into being upset because he's killed himself. Take it with a pinch of salt and learn to control your thoughts.