1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to try and be with a guy. Don't know how!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rusteejay, Jul 19, 2013.

1. rusteejay

Basically, I've hit that wall with heterosexual relationships. I'm starting to accept that I'm most likely gay. What I need though is to be with a guy, see how it goes and take things from there. The question is though, where the bloody hell do I find another gay guy? I don't want to do online dating and I can hardly stand in the street and ask if anyone knows any single gays.
    The problem is, yes, sure you can go for the one that is so camp it'd be physically impossible for him to be straight, but I'm not a big fan of that. I figure there must be tons of others in the same position. It's finding them that's the problem...

Any advice?

2. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Other gay guys don't exist. We are just a figment of your imagination!

All kidding aside, the stats show that every 1 in 16 guys or so is gay. So count out.16 guys you know and one of them is likely gay even though they may not be open about it yet.

I'll just repeat what you'll most likely hear from the EC staff, which is: Go find an LGBT club to join where you can find like minded people to befriend and to have a potential relationship with.

BTE, most gay guys aren't camp, they're just like any other guy, which is why they are hard to find. :grin:

3. rusteejay

Right, tried to figure out how many gay people there are in Britain... My brains had enough maths for one week. There's 60 million people in Britain. On your basis, how many of those are gay?

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2013 at 07:39 PM ----------

Never mind, so that means there are 3.75 million gays over here... Doesn't help that I live in a town that is really shit in all honesty

4. Wolf runner

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I should know a think or two about the United Kingdom...I lived in Wonderland!!! xD

I'm just going to regurgitate information here. It seems as if the UK has a bit more LGBT oriented culture in certain parts. Particularly Manchester. I don't know though...this is just what I heard.

5. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree with that.

You should at least try I think. It's no good sitting around hoping I guess. The United Kingdom is getting more liberal and I think with the gay marriage bill receiving Royal Assent and you living in England you should go out and just be careful.

Though if you are still in school and it's your very last years of high school, I suggest you leave the relationship thing aside, get your exams done and then find a mate for yourself.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

6. rusteejay

Wolfrunner, yeah that would seem true but then again I've only heard about the birdcage and I've never been a big fan of transsexuals! There was a place called queer... I'm unsure :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Arael, yeah I know that. I guess as with everything, its a big game of waiting -_- and as for that last bit Mr. American, i finished school 2 years ago at 16! I now work full-time in telesales so I really do need someone in this lonely world. I'm no longer protected (restrained) by the boundaries of the education system!

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2013 at 07:59 PM ----------

Wolfrunner, I actually live 3/4 of an hour away from Manchester so I could go clubbing up there!!!

7. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lol. Hahahah Mr. American, I am anything but American, I'm South Korean-Vietnamese and I wear jumper not a sweater, I eat biscuits, not cookies. And I learn in a British Curriculum and I just finished by GCSE's. Well maybe that's my Asian mentality kicking in.

I think the major cities like Manchester, Birmingham, London; metropolitan areas would have a gay scene.

And if you are feeling lucky, you've got France sitting across the channel where it's romantic.

Tip for going to France: the French do not believe custard exists and calls it 'creme anglaise' english cream haha.

8. rusteejay

Oh well fair enough Mr. Asian mentality :wink: and yeah Birmingham ill take a miss. The people are depressing XD France is nice I guess lmao!!!

9. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah the point is you don't give up, and you are still young only eighteen years of age. And you have the world before you. So do not give up on love, but more importantly do not give up on yourself.

10. rusteejay

Never said I was giving up, just expecting the worst! I float through life with a breezy grace, yet always expect nothing. Effectively, I'm expecting a lot!
    And yeah id say the same 2 U! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. DDD11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am lucky enough to have found one. However we dont actually get on he's far to flouncy and seem to just attract bad attention as he expresses himself so freely. Its not that I dont want him to be himself its just that not all of our neighbourhood is nice or respecting. And acting in certain ways can get U beaten up. Jus keep searching ull find sumbody! :grin:

12. HERTSODDBALL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you find the answer let me know

13. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Love is cruel we cannot find it no matter how hard we search, you can uproot the heavens and unlock every chasm, we can never find it. But love is also magical, beautiful and unquestionably the greatest thing our pathetic and limited hearts could have granted upon us. The key is that love will show itself when the time is right. And it is important that you don't give up. (*hug*)

Good luck

14. HERTSODDBALL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't intend on giving up but I do wish sometimes there was a bloody great big sign to give us some directions. LOL

15. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd rather it if the sign wasn't bloody, you'll know it when the time comes. Coming from a practically broken and mentally unstable sixteen year-old adolescent may not mean much for you, but I think what I said before is correct.

16. HERTSODDBALL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For a broken 16year old you have a talented way with words. I always take what people say seriously no matter how old they are a lot can be learnt from a young brain.

17. rusteejay

The mind becomes tainted over time and the thoughts are all manufactured by how society has taught you to think.
    A young mind is untainted and can certainly offer a lot more than a bitter old man who's seen everything. The things we see with our mind are greater than those we see with our eyes (the problem with communism). I guess what you could say is that a lot of teenagers can think big, but turning it into reality is a whole different thing!

18. HERTSODDBALL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's sure is one way of putting it. And don't let people say the older generation have more wisdom and all that rubbish. Coming from the older generation myself it ain't all true. I have learnt a lot from my son and my brain is not as old as my body so I can relate to the younger generations points of view.

19. rusteejay

I'm glad someone older agrees with me! The problem with the older generation is that their wisdom and knowledge is distorted and mixed up with their own grievances and shortcomings. How can a younger person have such things? A fresh mind changes the world.

20. HERTSODDBALL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Working with a well known charity for promoting children's well being and development I am told that society is suposed to support diversity if I believed that to be true I would not be stuck in this dam closet trying to find the bloody key so I can come out. I know for a fact lf I did come out I would be judged as a perverse. I only prey for the day society can be diverse.