1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nosy Mother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beware Of You, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Mum is driving me bonkers at the moment.

When she asks about my gay relationship being a nurse she constantly asks if I am being "safe" (I am) and that I am "They type of guy who would get taken advantage of easily by an older man" and that type of thing. When I tell her to mind her own business she won't shut up about it.

I am kinda confused, she is very cold sometimes about my sexuality (even though she has mentioned that I seem "happier" since I came out) and my relationships but the only time she shows an interest in my social life she just seems to think its all about the sex, and that every gay guy on Earth MUST have an STD, and that I am incapable of resisting any possibility of barebacking

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Moms never stop worrying Dude, even when she's on a zimmer frame & you have your own walking stick, she will be worrying about you, that's what Moms do, it's called unconditional love, you will always be her Baby Boy & her main concern is that you are happy & safe (*hug*)

3. seeksanctuary

Dublin has a point, but I also feel you need to have a talk with her. It's reasonable for mothers to worry, but there comes a point where they need to back off and respect the boundaries of their children, especially when their children are adults. It is not unreasonable to be uncomfortable when one's mother keeps prying into one's sex life.