1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People are trying to turn my girlfriend gay...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by secretdream, Jul 19, 2013.

1. secretdream

(Deleted)

#1 secretdream, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  2. Fifty Ways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Guy...People don't become convinced that they are gay like that.

There's a big chance she's so emotional because she loves you and is yet primarily attracted to girls. I don't think this is likely to have escalated this much if that weren't the case.

If what I'm betting is true, it's hard to see how this will play through without hurting everyone. :frowning2:

3. secretdream

I suppose you'd have to know her to understand. Nevermind, I'm just going to delete this post. It's not about being gay or not, it's about peer pressure, I know you don't just turn gay.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They can't turn her gay (or straight).

5. secretdream

She's already bisexual, basically her coworkers are trying to get her to abandon me for a woman.

6. TraceElement

She's bi, so she's a little gay and a little straight. It's peer pressure, unless her coworkers don't like you for some reason.

#6 TraceElement, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  7. secretdream

Her coworkers are all lesbians... not being rude but literal. everyone she works with is a lesbian, all the straight girls quit.

8. Fifty Ways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oic. That is terrible and I'm sure it counts as Sexual Harrassment. Serious.

If your girl has told them to leave her alone about that at least a couple of times, you can report them to her superiors or consider legal action.

9. secretdream

She has, but she would never report them, she wants to fit in.

10. Just Jess

So what this sounds like, is you're insecure in your relationship and are worried another person is trying to steal your girlfriend? That's a really hard situation. Trust is a hard thing, but you need to trust her right now. A shorter leash is the worst thing you can do right now. And whatever you do don't spy on her. If she does something, she does something, but until then giving her the benefit of the doubt is the best possible move for you if you can handle it.

If her coworkers are just being misandrous, well again, that's a trust thing. Your girlfriend has a mind of her own. Same thing, I know it's scary, but really if you think the best of people they usually live up to it.

The only other possibility I see is that she is gay, and reached out to friends for trust and support while she comes to terms with it. And if that's the case, nothing your coworkers do can affect whether your relationship survives or not either way. And in the mean time she is going through something very scary. I know it seems like the world is accepting of gay people but it really isn't. And it's very likely she still loves you.

I know you deleted your OP and are a little embarrassed but I really don't think you need to be. You're having a rough time right now. And it sounds like you don't have a lot of people IRL on your side.

I really hope things turn around for both of you (*hug*)

11. secretdream

I thank you all for your support, and I do trust her, more then I trust anyone. I know for a fact she is not completely gay. She is bi with an obvious male preference, I won't go into detail, but trust me when I say that I know for certain. Really the reason I'm on here is because, well I'm anxious. I'm terrified of losing her, I know in my heart that she would never truly leave me to appease her coworkers, but there is always that thought in the back of my mind. I have nothing against lesbians, some, if not most, of my best friends are lesbians, it's just this certain group. Me and my girlfriend have plans to move to Canada in a few years, amd we jave everything all set up, I just want to see through this little part because, well I truly and deeply love her, and would give my life for her.