1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RuralMedAU, Jul 20, 2013.

1. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a question that I hope I can get some help on. I have been dating a guy for a little over a year. He is a very sweet guy and we enjoy being around each other. The problem is Im not in love with him. I do love him but I feel it only as a friend. Im not sure if it is just that I don't see us lasting or that I am still in love with a friend from years ago that we never gave it a shot with each other. Either way I am sick inside thinking that I will break his heart because I know he is in love with me but I just don't feel the same way. I think I know that I need to break up with him but I feel so bad doing it because there is nothing "wrong" with him and he hasn't done anything to me. When Im around the friend im in love with its just so natural and I feel so much more happiness. Just looking for some support on if I am thinking correctly or if Im being stupid.

2. Steak is food

Out Status:
    Some people
    You can't force yourself to love someone and you aren't being stupid.

3. Wells

Wells Guest

The higher you climb, the more there is to fall. In other words, the longer you leave it the worse it gets. M Tell him as soon as you can, make it clear you love him as a friend, no more. Maybe its best not to tell him you like somebody else. Especially if he knows him. Jealousy can be very powerful sometimes. Tell him soon though.

4. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'll add on to this. You owe to him and yourself to be honest about how you feel. He might feel heartbroken at first, but he'll ultimately become a stronger person. And remember to remind him that you are always by his side as a friend.

5. LadyEdith

I want to make it very clear that you are not a bad guy here. You are not a horrible person for feeling the way you do. Please remember this. the only time you become the bad guy is when you are not true and honest to yourself and the people around you.

6. Corsa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to agree with all above, I'm in a similar situation at the moment where I feel I am at the receiving end and want to break, I'm totally in love and know (feel) he isn't, I may be wrong but I'd rather break away than have this situation last any longer. Breaking from him is the best thing you could do, not only that but the kindest and most decent thing to do, good luck ..