1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He's a stranger

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TeePee, Jul 20, 2013.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Been a while since I last posted. Anyway here goes. I'm basically one of those closet cases but not the extreme. variety. I never deny or confirm that I'm gay. As I type this I'm thinking of ways to fill up my diary so I don't have to face my uncle. Maybe I. need to back up a little so you can really understand where I'm coming from.

About a year and a half ago I came out to this particular uncle of mine over email. He and I have always been close. For the past few years he's been going through some kind of "transformation" - a religious transformation. His response to my coming out was along the lines of me going to hell, or something like that. He's a devout Christian that makes one uncomfortable at times. I had not seen him since the coming out email nor had we talked about it ever. This morning he showed up at our house( he lives in a neighbouring. country ) I was ok with him staying for a couple of days but I just found out he'll be staying for AT LEAST two weeks! In the past I'd be ecstatic but now..... all he talks about is annointings and such. I used to be in constant communication with him but I feel like I can longer relate to him, I avoid him at all costs. You know the first thing he said to me, after saying hi, was how bad and satanic pop/r&b music was (I was listening to it)..

I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the next couple of weeks. I'm not even sure why i''m posting this but thank you for reading.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How awkward for you that must be, I am so sorry that you should have to be put in that position, is there another relative you could go & stop with or a friend?

3. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    right now? no. Most of my relatives are the kind that take in someone only when they have something to gain