1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheated on and dumped

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fluffykitty111, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Fluffykitty111

My girl friend broke up with me after two years a few days ago
    She was cheating on me with my bestie

I would really love some advice on how to get over it and some people to be friends with and I also would like to find some other people who are bi and gay like me :help::tears:

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You need to forget her, go boxing, punch a punching bag or something, punch it often to release your anger. By doing that you releasing stress and anger, but also exercising and making yourself look more beautiful than before.

I suggest you throw out everything that you have that reminds you of her, that includes small photos or anything with her name on.

Listen to empowering music, stuff that says 'I'm over you'.

Find a hobby, I find singing and drawing very relaxing. But for you it might be different, like dancing.

And you can always come to Empty Closets where we can help you.

Now, on how to find a male partner, I suggest a gay bar or lgbt pride events. Being openly gay or bi also helps.

Apparently according to youtube starbucks is a popular place for the gay community.

I hope this brings you reassurance, even though a little bit only.

We're always around.

Good luck.

3. Munyal

That sucks a lot.

But, if I had a breakup, I would do something that comforted me when I was angry or sad, such as play computer games. Do what makes you happy!

On how to meet other gay/bi people, I would suggest putting yourself out there. If you have any hobbies, join a club with other people who do that.

4. Snorlax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I won't tell you how I would personally deal with these situations because I've never experienced it myself, but I can tell you how a friend of mine dealt with it. He was in a similar situation - girlfriend cheated on him. His way of dealing with it was to talk about it with his closest friends, and I was one of them. Basically he was talking about the events leading up to it. The more he talked, the more he realised that she wasn't the right girl for him, and that he was going to be better off without her. I guess maybe when he was in the relationship, his feelings might have clouded his judgement.

Anyway, if you have no one to talk to, then you can write about it. You can write about it here, or just on paper. There are research out there that show that writing down your thoughts, like keeping a diary or journal for instance, can be very beneficial for the mind, especially in circumstances like this.

5. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Hi, when you put your trust in someone and is hurt badly like you have been then life seems to stop and thinking about the future or how to get over it is something which is so hard to do.
    It may of lasted over two years but think yourself lucky that your so called girlfriend will have to live with the hurt and guilt for a long time to come, you did nothing wrong.
    Cheating is one of the lowest forms of emotional blackmail that will knock you for six, make you feel worthless and affect you badly, but what you have to think to yourself is that you are not at fault, finding out now may be very hard but it is certainly better to find out now than 5 years down the line, support and friendship is what you need to overcome these hurtful times and EC is the place to be able to do this.
    You will have to stay strong for yourself, if you go to pieces then she has won, you are better than she is just remember that and keep your chin up, head held high and I wish you all the very best.

6. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry, sweetie! The same thing happened to me a few months ago and it was really hard... Be glad that you know she cheated though. My ex still won't admit to it but it's really obvious that she was. I'm so sorry... I know how it hurts... If you ever need anyone to talk to about it I'm here. No one should have to suffer through that without a friend. (*hug*)

7. valpal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First allow me to express my sympathies. Infidelity is an inexcusable offense and demonstrates a lack of empathy and respect. You didn't deserve that; very few people do. However cheating is a symptom of a greater issue, which--based on my limited knowledge of the circumstances--probably resides with your ex. What I'm trying to say in so many words is: she probably possess flaws and baggage that you're better off without.
    It still hurts, though, I know. There is no panacea for repairing a broken heart. Allow yourself to feel the pain but try not to dwell on or obsess about the events that transpired.
    Good luck!