1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bisexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Thisbiguy, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Thisbiguy

Thisbiguy Guest

I was wonder how to get my family to understand exactly what bisexual is. What they said was how can I be bi if I am a virgin. I can't get them to realize that a bisexual relationship is not just about sex, its about feelings and romanticism. Help!:help:

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good day to you sir,

You need to explain to your parents that it's emotional feelings, tell them that you didn't have a choice and you just feel that you can love both genders. Tell them it's like how they fell in love, it's just natural, it's just there and you can't really explain it.

I wish you well.

Good luck.

3. Split Arrows

You might try asking them why they need to understand it. It's been my experience that monosexual people will, rarely, understand completely what it means to be bisexual, but you can get them to accept and understand that it makes sense for you. When friends ask me "how can you love two opposite things?" I explain to them that they will not understand because they have no common ground on which to relate to it, and also inform them that in my head they are not two opposite things. People are people and I love them.

Maybe someone else out there has better advice, but I have found that trying to explain bisexuality to monosexual people is a losing battle.