1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My crush has a partner, but I'm sure she's in to me... what should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Precious Venus, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Precious Venus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I'd think my dilemma is pretty obvious from the heading but here goes... :slight_smile:

I've got a massive crush on a girl I know and I'm quite sure she's attracted to me too. We talk a lot, she always laughs at my jokes (even the really, really bad ones), she hugs me and kisses my cheek, she stares into my eyes and she's told me she is bi. There's just one problem... her boyfriend.

I'm not sure of the details (and no amount of Facebook stalking has yielded anything!) but I think they live together.

I think she's the most incredible person I've ever met in my life and at the moment, I can't even imagine wanting to be with anyone else. I'm pretty sure she feels something for me but whether it's enough to end her present relationship, I don't know.

I wouldn't actively try to break them up for a number of reasons, but I feel so strongly for her I can't just write her off.

The question is, should I hang on, continue flirting with her and hope their relationship meets a natural death? Or should I suck it up that she's taken and try and move on? And if the latter... how on earth do I do that? (I should mention she's my gym instructor, so I can't avoid seeing her).

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dat feeling when you are compatible sexually, you're nice with each other but she has a partner...

You've gotta wait for her I think, it would be brash and foolish to suggest that you want them to break up because when a relationships starts on bad terms it doesn't grow better.

You've gotta hang on, and still be her friend, think of it this way, and it's more like a waiting game now. A good relationship starts in the friendzone.

Now the risk you have to take is either you wait for her and she breaks up and falls for you, or that she stays with her partner forever. This is where you need to listen to your heart and it's up to you.

I hope that helps or brings you a little reassurance.

Good luck.

3. Precious Venus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Azriel. I guess now I play the waiting game!

So, she's my gym instructor and I see her and chat to her all the time but only ever at the gym. How on earth do I ask her out as a friend without it seeking like a come-on?