1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long and confusing story - need advice concerning my ex-girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MyUsername, Jul 22, 2013.

1. MyUsername

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's my first post (and thread) so hello to you all. I also wanted to tell that English is not my native language and therefore it's not perfect, so sorry for any mistakes.
    As the title indicates - it's all about my ex and me and I cannot recapitulate it into few simple sentences.

We started dating in high school - we both were 16/17 at the time. I am not very romantic person, but it was just like "love at the first sight". It sounds a little bit stupid and naive, but, well, I do not know how else should I describe it. Long story short - we definitely were in love, there was A LOT of chemistry between us, sex was also great. Like we were meant for each other. On the other hand, we are both very sharp-tempered so we were fighting a lot. I am ashamed, but she cried because of me many times. So, on the on hand - love, passion and good sex and on the other - fighs and being emotionally overwhelmed.

We were a couple for over two years. Unfortunately, she broke up with me almost a year ago.

I will not lie: I still care about her, I think that I even love her. About a month ago we started to contact each other again (after months of not communicating at all). We even met for a drink last week and we will meet again this Wednesday. During the meeting I saw some signs which indicated that she might be still interested in me. I mean: she touched me a lot, was saying how pretty I look, looked at me in that specific way (i mean loving, pasionate even, I hope you know what I mean). Also, she said that she wants to meet me again soon. She didn't act like that last time we saw each other (a couple of moths ago).

Recently she texted me saying that "everything sucks" - whatever that means, I just got a feeling that she isn't happy. As I said - I think I love her and would like to get back together.

But it gets more complicated. I checked her facebook profile and found out that she is in relationship with somebody for 3 month now. Of course, she didn't tell me that. Also, what is interesting: her facebook profile shows that she is straight.

And that is the biggest problem. I mean, her orientation. It is just confusing. Before she fell in love with me she claimed that she is straight. She is from catholic family, so she claimed also that homosexuality is a sin, bla bla. But we finally talked it over, she is not a believer anymore. That is really confusing for me, because afer we've been together for a while she claimed that she is homosexual. I didn't believe it, though, I always thought that she is simply bisexual (and I was right because later she admitted that). This is ridiculous. I sort of feel like laughting when I write it. Do you understand it at all? I never before met someone who changes his/hers orientation so often and so quickly. Could she really be straight? It's very hard to believe. Or she is bisexual, but she tends to claim homosexuality when she is with woman and heterosexuality when she is with man? O maybe she is confused herself and doesn't know what she wants? I do not know if I should talked to her about it. I also do not know what to think about this whole situation.

Any advice will be appreciated.