1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going on my first date on Wednesday! Any advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Asari, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am going on my first date this Wednesday with this really cute girl I met online. We have been taking for a few weeks and seem to have a lot in common. We are going out to coffee. Since this is my first date ever I would love some advice. I don't know anything about gay etiquette. Like who pays? What do I say? Is it awkward to shake her hand when I introduce myself? lol

2. HeyAshley

the best thing that you can do is to be yourself and have confidence.

i think a simple hug would be better than shaking hands. but by all means, do whatever is comfortable for you to do. as far as who pays, there isn't really a set etiquette about it. if you're just getting coffee, it'd be nice of you to offer to pay (who knows, maybe she will offer too?) coffee isn't that expensive. but going dutch isn't frowned upon. normally when i go out on dates with girls, i don't let it go dutch. i'll offer to pay if she doesn't. but that's just me.

as far as conversation goes, that's for you guys to figure out. i can't tell you how to talk to someone because then you wouldn't be yourself. :slight_smile: