1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brother is horrified with me...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lawRAWR, Jul 22, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

Well, I have had a huge crush on Hayley Williams (the lead singer of Paramore) for some time now. My brother also likes her.

But literally, now, we're sitting in my room listening to the album and he was saying how he was going to marry her one day. Out of the blue, I just said 'Hey, what if I want to marry her?! :icon_bigg' ...

And his face looked absolutely disgusted. :bang: I brushed it off as a joke, saying 'she's only my girl crush. Most girls have girl crushes on celebrities." And he seemed so... horrified. He sad that it was 'really wrong' and started saying I was bisexual... I could have just came out to him then, but I didn't.

I thought he would laugh and say that he doesn't blame me for crushing on a girl but he just said I was wrong for saying I would marry a girl. :tears: or I thought he would be at least be open minded, considering he has just turned 18.

This is going to be so difficult in the future when I come out to him, it was so unexpected.

Help. :icon_sad:

And also, we are still sat here, and he can see I look upset about something, but he hasn't even guessed what's up (Me and mum think he has undiagnosed aspergers syndrome which maybe explains why he isn't understanding my social cues of looking upset..) :frowning2:

#1 lawRAWR, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. Idek1204

Oh I'm so sorry :frowning2: maybe its something that when you do come out to him he will be able to come to terms with it over time and maybe get more educated on the matter? I don't know :frowning2: I'm not overly helpful but I am sorry to hear of your situation.

3. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Acceptance once again comes to mind, because of what reaction you will receive and the negatives that go along with it.
    When you need to tell someone and you don't have the support at hand then it's so difficult indeed, you feel like you are alone but you are not, the EC community is a great place for help and support and I'm so sorry that you didn't get the reaction you thought you were going to get.
    Just try and hang in there and become stronger, the more post you do this will increase and I hope you manage to find the strength to be able to come out to people who will understand you

4. lawRAWR

Thank you, yeah I guess it was a shock... to say the least :icon_sad: