1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I getting old feelings for an ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clockworkfox, Jul 23, 2013.

1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried to let go of this guy forever ago. We stupidly got back together, only for him to hurt me twice. At first I was mad, then I was disappointed, then I was indifferent. And I was sure I had accepted what happened and let it all go.

So why do I keep dreaming about him all of a sudden? Like I'll keep having these dreams where we meet up or something. I did see him a few weeks ago, got my anxiety all flare-up-y. We didn't say a word, didn't make eye contact. I don't know if he noticed me, but I'd recognise that f:***:er anywhere. What's worse than the dreams, is the pang I felt in my chest when I saw him, and the feelings I keep having when I wake up. It's like a part of me still wants him, even though the thought repulses me to the core. :bang:

2. fbicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I felt the same way when my ex came back into town a couple months ago, all these weird emotions and desires rushed through my head, like we were in a relationship again. It was just weird. I dated him for about a year. We've been broken up for about 2 years now. Looking back, it was a really crappy relationship that made me very needy and dependent. So, like you, I'm also repulsed by him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Dream are just dreams though, you probably had some strong memories with him, and maybe something reminded you of him. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Englishlad

I had feelings for my ex long after we broke up. I am in a new relationship but I still have a place from him in my heart.