1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she know?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KariGordon1996, Jul 23, 2013.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A while back my mom found this site in my browser history, I ended up talking my way out of it by telling her I was doing a report for bible class (I go to a Christian school.) that was about four or five months ago. Well now she's been acting really weird because I've been telling her I don't want to get married or have kids, which I do just not the way she thinks. The other day she came up to my room and told me that she would love me no matter what and that she would hope if anything was up that I could and would talk to her about it. Now my mom is very homophobic and basically hates gay people so coming out to her now isn't the best thing to do.. When she found this site in my history she started crying and stormed out of the house and left so.. Anyway.. Then the next night she was talking about boys and said "please no girls" when I said I didn't like anyone. She asked if I was curious, which I denied, and said she thought I was. My mom then continued to say how nasty and disgusting we are. I lied to her and told her I liked one of my friends to stop the conversation.. What do I do? Is she starting to figure it out?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She knows. By telling you she'd love you no matter what, and if something was up that you'd talk to her about it, she's ending you the message that she wants you to talk to her.

The nasty and disgusting comments are part of her dealing with denial. Remember there are 5 stages of loss (loss of perception of you as straight), which are denial-anger-bargaining-grief-acceptance. The "disgusting" stuff is part of the anger stage.

So I think it's probably sensible to go ahead and address it. She may be angry and do some more of the "disgusting" routine... but she'll come around, as she's already told you she'd be accepting.