1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay relationships???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by coreyl13, Jul 23, 2013.

1. coreyl13

Ok so I've had girlfriends in the past and most of us know how it works the man asks out the girl the man pays for everything. The man proposes the man does yard work and the women cleans the house ect very stereotypical yada yada.

Anyways.

I am fully gay and accept it but i dont know how a gay relationship works. Who asks who out .who pays.
    People ask if I'd be the guy or girl and I hate that question because there really is no guy or girl its guy and guy. I'm just having a hard time figuring this out there are no standards.

I fear dating anotheranotheran to the point I think about dating a girl because I've done that before and standards are there. I'm confused. :icon_sad:

2. LD579

Um... That's a dated concept. These days, women can pay for the bill or propose, men can stay home... It really doesn't matter.

It also doesn't matter in gay relationships. If you find this so concerning, deal with it on a person-to-person basis. Ask the person what he'd prefer. You could both just pay for yourselves, or you could alternate between who pays. You could take turns doing chores, or you could both do them at the same time. It's easier that way for both people involved, I'd think.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's because there are no "standards" or constructs built around gay relationships that communication is essential and necessary between same-sex partners.

It's this very necessary communication that also makes many gay relationships qualitatively superior to hetero relationships, this includes sex by the way.

Since there are no rules, everything needs to be negotiated, which isn't a bad thing as long as neither partner only concedes or only gets their way...

4. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually just read an article in The Atlantic about what straight couples can learn from gay couples. Gay couples (in the study) tend to be more egalitarian and don't fall into gender stereotypes, that is they tend to share tasks equally based on who is best at what, with lesbians being the best at doing this. So to answer your question, gay relationships are relationships without any gender stereotypes imposing roles on either partner.