1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family sadness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hidden shadows, May 7, 2008.

1. hidden shadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have a wonderful family and love them to death but recently i sent a text message to my sister saying that i love her kinda forwards that everyone gets and she replied that the only reasong she is still alive is because of her daughter and that she has nothing else to be happy about and that she gave up on love and happiness along time ago... i told her that was not true that she has other family and friends who love her to death, the thing is i know how she feels and i know she doesnt want to hear it but wants people to show that we care about her. but it still worries me to think that she has thought about being dead. any ideas on what i could do to chear her up a lil.:confused:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she really feels this way, it's going to take more than just feel-good platitudes and flowers to make her feel better again. Do urge her to go see a doctor to make sure there's not a medical reason for why she's feeling this way. (There was for me.) And tell her that anytime she needs to talk, about anything or nothing, that you'll be there for her. That's probably the best thing you can offer.

Lex

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with Lex. That may be a sign she needs some help. Can you talk to others who are around her and see if they have noticed signs of depression?

4. definetely try to convince her to see a doctor. even if money is an issue, many hospitals have programs to help that. tell her that you love her and give her a hug that says "i love you without saying it". she may feel crushed literally, but her heart will be lifted! what she wants is to have someone that cares and will listen to her without judgment.
    I know how this feels as well and i also know how u feel trying to be supportive. walls need support as well! talk to someone (like maybe your boyfriend, u may find out if he is serious about the relationship as well) good luck

5. hidden shadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thnx for the advice peeps... i know she used to go see someone but am not sure if she is now and i will check up on her. i have been trying to spend more time with her and she seems to be having fun but im sure its just a face for everyone to see.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>i have been trying to spend more time with her and she seems to be having fun but im sure its just a face for everyone to see.

Not necessarily. When I'm in a depression, interacting and being social helps me quite a bit. The depression does come back once I'm alone, but the social interaction helps quite a bit. It makes me feel normal again for a while.

Lex