1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freaking myself out.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HeyAshley, Jul 25, 2013.

1. HeyAshley

so i downloaded an app on my phone, it's not a dating app necessarily (i mean i guess you could use it for that) but it's a social app. meet new friends, stuff like that. anyway this girl from montana messaged me. mind you, i live in indiana. i wasn't going to respond because i don't really see a reason to have a random friend in montana but for whatever reason, i did anyway. this was about 4 days ago and we have seriously talked nonstop since. seriously all i've done the past 4 days is my phone glued to my hand either texting her or talking on the phone.

we have great conversation and she's cute, but she lives in montana. part of me wants to just stop talking to her because if i'm developing feelings (which is not like me to do when someone is so far away) i feel like it's only going to just be painful when i realize i can't physically be with her. but another part of me is like, nah you've just found a solid friend! the conversation the first couple days was just friendly but here lately it's constant flirting.

this morning she left me a 2 minute voicemail while i was asleep, pretty much explaining that she was falling for me and what-not. the emotional part of me is excited to hear that because as much as i'm trying to deny it - i feel the same way. the logical part of me is like, this is not healthy. cut it off now while you can.

i haven't responded or said good morning yet, i just woke up. i've never really been in this situation and i have no idea how to approach this or what to do? :bang:

2. AKTodd

If you simply cut off communication, you will spend a long time wondering about what might have been and there will probably be some pain. If you both communicate honestly about your feelings and the difficulties (she presumably knows about the distance issue as well as you do) then you may end up with 'just' a good friend. Or it may turn into something more. That something may work out or it may not and if not, there may be pain.
    Even if you mutually decide to end things now due to the challenges (which may hurt), at least you made that decision openly and mutually.

Ultimately you cannot know what the future will bring.

At the very least, you should talk about your feelings and the difficulties and see what sort of conclusion you come to.

My 2c worth,

Todd

3. HeyAshley

yeah, i know it's hard not knowing what the future will bring. i'm just not the type of person that likes to start something with someone who's so far away. but it's hard to kiss it all goodbye when the chemistry is there. but who's to say that it'd be the same in person? although i'd imagine it would be.

i ended up texting her this morning and basically telling her that i just want to be friends. not that my mind won't change in the future, but, i'm not trying to get caught up in something silly. and if we both end up realizing that we can't just be friends, then that's what it is. but it hasn't even been a week yet, no need to be so deep already.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were you, I would continue talking to her. It's new and exciting and it feels like you've known this girl forever, I bet. I've been in the same position as you and I couldn't help myself. The girl I used to talk seemed absolutely perfect for me, however, she's dating someone at the moment and so am I. There was a time when we both confessed our feelings for each other, but the distance is too much for me. And we're still cool and we talk often; it's just that I'm from Michigan and she's in Texas. We plan on meeting eventually because the type of connection that we have shouldn't be ignored. Her current girlfriend is actually moving away to go to college soon, so she's having fun while it lasts.

I think you should think about what it'd be like being with her. If it's something that makes you excited then hang onto this girl and do not let her get away.

#4 pinklov3ly, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013