1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate my best friends boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hrantou, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Hrantou

What I'm asking here is...how do you get over that?

Here's the story...My best friend Caitlyn got with a guy named Tyler, and he was horrible. He emotionally abused her and made her feel like complete worthless trash. He constantly made rules for her life, like who she can see and hang with, what she can do with her free time, where she can go...and he always made her "prove" to him that she loved him...by following his rules and always obeying his every word. I was always there to pick up the pieces, and let me tell you those pieces were impossible to pick up.

They broke up for 2 weeks. It was a mutual decision, and I thought I would never see him again. I was overjoyed. Despite following his rules eventually she got tired and left him. Then he convinced her to get back with him, and now she tells me that he's changed. How great he is, how loving and caring he is, and how much she wants me to love him as much she does.

Here's the thing. She may be able to forgive all he did because he "changed" But I don't buy it. It's like she just forgot all he did and put her through because he "changed". But I love her more than my own family. She's my sister, and everyday I try to get past it, but I can't. I see him sometimes, and he seems nicer, but I can't forget all he did to her. Try as I might, I don't like him. I hope the worst things for him, but she loves him, and she constantly tells me about their life plans together, and I'm afraid that I'm stuck with this guy for the rest of our life and friendship and I will never like him.

I don't wanna lose the friendship, but the more I see him, the more I wanna punch him in the face multiple times. I'm worried that eventually it will come to a header, and I will lose my best friend.

My question is, how do you get past that and just accept it and be happy for your friend?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Considering what he did to her the first time, I'm not sure how any sane person could not hate this guy.

3. Hrantou

Yeah, I agree. Thing is, she always wanted love. Ever since high school, she wanted to meet that one guy who would be "the one" to be with. What's not so good about that is she will overlook just about anything to get it, which is why I think she just chooses to forget the past because hey! "He's changed"

I've tried telling her how I feel, and she just lets it go. Figures eventually I'll like him, and I try hard to. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice.

She's happy, that's the important part. I just wish I could be happy for her. :frowning2:

4. Boricua

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well in my opinion I don't think he's changed. My mom and her boyfriend would always get into arguments and Brake up and be back together, he also made my mom feel like shit and controlled her life. Every time they would get back together she would tell her friends that he changed and he is a lot better and they believed her. Hopefully if what I said is true then your friend will break up with him for good and if he has changed(which I doubt) then you just need to forgive and forget. Also don't get in a fight with her boyfriend because she might pick him over you. If your friend is anything like my mom then this might be more serious than you think because I have gotten in a fight with her boyfriend and she still got back together with him. Hopefully I answered your question

5. Hrantou

I think the same way. I don't think guys like this ever change, and I'm waiting for him to snap and come back with a rule book for her. Hopefully if (and probably when) that happens she'll leave him.

But thinking about what you said, I think you're right. I think she would pick him over me, despite the history we have. She wants the golden man...and now that I think about it she would probably leave me in the dust to get it.

Forgive and forget...I guess. Thanks guys.

6. InactiveUser1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1 good advice by my opinion would be just ignore him when u can and see how that gows if it doesnt then just try and do what the others said ( forgive and *try* to forget) there isnt another choice i think for now at least