1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surrogacy.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KiddlesP, Jul 25, 2013.

1. KiddlesP

I am a selfish being. I know how good it is to adopt, and I know those kids need love. However when I get older, I do want to have a family, and I do want to pass on my genes. Maybe it's just because I am a biologist, but it is a huge drive for me. :bang:

Has anyone else thought of, or had, a surrogate?

2. tryhtwfr

I have and I probably will go through with it 70%. I don't think it's selfish to pass on your genes and if anyone says that it is then they can f*** off.

3. Femmeme

I gave birth to my very own genetic child. I wanted to be a mother that way so that's what I did. I refuse to feel guilty about it. Besides I think intelligent people have a responsibility to reproduce, we're currently fucking evolution all to hell and back. Pass on those good genes!

4. KiddlesP

Only 70% of the way?... poor child...

---------- Post added 25th Jul 2013 at 09:31 PM ----------

It is actually blindingly difficult to fuck evolution over. Societies as a whole, especially today, actually have more benefits to pass along to the next generations then you may think. :confused:

5. coreyl13

I've thought of this I'd adopt but it can take along time and a lot of hearache.

I like what ricky martin did probly very expensive
    Your sperm
    A donated egg
    And a serogate mother. That way the serrogate has no say and can't change mind since its not really her child and the egg is donated

6. tryhtwfr

I don't know if that was sarcasm but I meant that I'm only 70% sure that I'm going to go through with it.

7. KiddlesP

A joke it was. :slight_smile:

8. Blu

Blu

Hi, pen pal........

I don't think its selfish. It's normal to want to pass on your genes but for me personally, I don't care how my family is started. I would be happy with my significant and a adopted child or two...hehe. the only thing that doesn't appeal to me about surrogate moms is asking a lady to hold my child in her womb and expecting her not to be emotionally attached.

9. Mhin

I like one if ever in the future :slight_smile:.

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think wanting to have a surrogate is jealous, it's what I plan on doing x amount of years down the road. :slight_smile:

11. LinkLarkin

It's evolutionary instinct to want to pass on our genes. I know exactly what you mean though, and I'm currently experiencing this dilemma. I really want to have my own kids one day too, so I'm really hoping I'll have a friend who'll agree to surrogate for me.

The only issue I foresee is if my hypothetical partner feels the same way, then we'd have to do that awkward sperm-mixing thing and we still wouldn't know which of us was the biological father... I don't know, that could get pretty messy but I don't even have a boyfriend so I don't think I need to be worrying about it in too much detail just yet.

12. KiddlesP

Yes there are many different routes you can go about depending on the partner, your friends/family, and theirs too.

Hypothetically, what I would perceive as a best case scenario, would be if both you/partner had sisters who were both willing to surrogate. That way the surrogates can still be close, and your kids are the most genetically similar to the both of you.

... Well that would be the best case scenario until I find a safer way to extract the haploid DNA from the sperm of one partner and insert it into a blank egg so you will both be the biological parents.