1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love at first sight?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Thisbiguy, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Thisbiguy

Thisbiguy Guest

I met this girl yesterday, and I'm convinced that we belong together. The problem is that we talked for a total of two maybe two and a half hours, but in that time we clicked so much. Like how she is bi as well and that we both have big interests in music and that we both draw. She makes me feel happy, and I have never felt more strongly connected to some ever before. So my question to you is: 1- do you believe in love at first sight
    2- do you think what I'm feeling is love at first sight
    Thank you in advance for your answers.(!)

2. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I believe in love at first sight, it seems by the short time talking to her that there was some form of chemistry and the best thing is to keep talking together, ask her out for a meal or just a drink somewhere so that the both of you can be alone together.
    I hope things turn out well for you :icon_bigg

3. Blu

Blu

Hi, pen pal

Sorry to say this but I don't believe in love at first sight however I do believe that you could feel a strong physical attraction to someone whom you are seeing for the first time but I would not call that love.

You did state that you guys have talked and have found out you share some of the same interest which contributed to your love like feelings, so it sounds like you guys have clicked. You like her, you really like her but love is too strong of an emotion to develope it in one sitting. Use how you feel about family as a example, no how matter how much you dislike them, you know you love them like no one else, because of the amount of time you've spend with them to develop that bond.

Not saying this applies to you but when some people feel like no one gets them and they finally find someone who does they can confused feelings of love with feelings of wanting to belong.

4. LD579

I don't think that's love at first site, to be blunt. It sounds like you met a really good friend, though =) It could turn into something more, but for now, just enjoy the company of this friend.

1. Not really, no.
    2. No.

5. Evil Monkeyz

1 - I do not believe in love at first sight. I genuinely don't fall for people by looks, I have to get to know them and see that they're smart... I also have to accept their personality and feel crept out if someone "moves really fast".

2 - I don't believe in love at first sight, but I do believe in a crush at first sight. If you can keep your feelings up for another year or so, then I'll consider calling it love. :grin:

6. IntoTheDeep

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really think what you're describing qualifies as "at first sight" because you had a long and seemingly meaningful discussion :slight_smile: When I hear love at first sight, I picture people locking eyes from across the room and instantly falling in love (which is think is bs btw). As for the love part, I don't think that anyone on here can tell you for sure what you are feeling. For all I know, it could be love, but if I had to guess I would say you've probably just developed a crush! You've met a girl that you have a lot in common with and that you're attracted to, so you like her. Ask her out and see where it goes! Good luck :slight_smile: