1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents splitting up (and more)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tosovngarde, Jul 26, 2013.

1. tosovngarde

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi! It's been a while since I've been on here. Anyway, sorry in advance if this is the wrong section.

I'm 16 and my parents are splitting up. To be honest, I'm not surprised because this year has been awful, thanks to my mother mostly (I hate to say it but it's true). She took away a lot of the money we had and spent it on herself to buy new clothes and actually didn't pay the rent while my dad was in the hospital so we're probably going to be evicted soon. She was also going to leave us (long story, trust me) and not come back.

A couple weeks ago, she totally exploded and I was crying. She got right into my face and screamed at me to "keep crying" (I will never forget that) and told all of us that we were problems.

And my anxiety is through the roof (I worry about dying and diseases A LOT, which is pretty stupid - along with panic attacks) and it sucks. So with everything going on, I'm not sure what to think of it? It's just been a roller coaster and I'm tired.

Any advice would be nice! I just needed to vent, sorry.

2. flight

Hey! I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. Hugs!

You're mom sounds like a pain (or insert other words here) and she shouldn't be putting you through this. I don't have any advice about that, but I'm sure there are others here who can help.

In response to your anxiety issues maybe you should see a therapist? This isn't good for you nor is it healthy. Trust me, from personal experience it really helps!

In my area we have free youth counselling that's free and confidential at our local youth clinic. Would you have access to that?

Best of luck!

3. Keegan24

Tosovngarde, (great name btw :icon_bigg )
    Im really sorry that you have experience that, I honestly can't imagine what you must be going through...
    But you can't let your mother get you down, judging from what you have said she could quite possibly be hurting allot and can't express herself or her problems.
    My advice would be to clear the air with your mother maybe just sit down and open lines of communication. Remember there is always a reason for everything so it is up to you to find out that reason, then you can decide if it is a good enough reason to warrent her actions.

Stay strong and dont let this effect the other parts of your life or all you end up doing is resenting your parents for ever.