1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pursued by female (male)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DrZack, Jul 27, 2013.

1. DrZack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I started volunteering at a local youth group, along with a few others my age. It was clear within the first session that a female volunteer had taken a liking to me, in a big way, she was asking me if I was single or had a girlfriend, being more or less closeted I said I was a 'free spirit' to ease the tension and segway the conversation to a topic. Over the next few weeks she began asking more questions, trying to flirt (she's sweet but a bit slow) and generally watching me from a distance with an empty gaze. So what shall I do? We'll be finishing up for a few weeks next Friday and I have a feeling she'll make the move, how can I let her down without letting slip my sexuality and upsetting her?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just tell her, "Girl, I ain't no Vagina Diner" :roflmao:

Excuse my sense of Humor, just pulling your leg :badgrin:
    But seriously, you need to put her off & let her down gently, just tell her that your not looking for a relationship with anyone at the moment, only friends & if she doesn't mind just being friends, then that would be cool :slight_smile:

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Wahahahaha! :roflmao:

All joke aside, just tell her you are not ready for a serious relationship right now. You are coming to terms with a lot of things right now and you're just not ready.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Echoing the others, tell her you are not looking for a relationship at this time, and you're actually not even lying. The only problem I could see is that she might want to become your friend and wait it out. If that were to happen, then it would become more of an annoyance to you and a chance for her to get hurt. However, getting hurt when there are no moves or advances is really not called for, though people still do anyway.

5. SomeNights

You know, when it comes to this i just either A) revert to the good ole "sorry I'm just not interested" or B) the truth "sorry, I'm not into girls"

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Avoid giving her the wrong impression. I stupidly went out for coffee twice with a girl who I thought was just friendly, until she invited me to go for lunch and didn't mention any of her friends. I appear pretty asexual to most people, and so I didn't realize I may have been leading her on by being my normal accommodating self.