1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I deal with my mother?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by questionable, Jul 28, 2013.

1. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How do I deal with my mum? .__.
    Well honestly she pisses me off a lot whenever she talks to me I can't stop raising my voice and having an angry facial expression on her. Maybe because I started to hate my mother because she cannot accept for what I am even though I'm doing good in school. She always makes lots of reasons for not accepting me, I have no choice but to follow because she's threatening me that If I do not try to change my sexuality and myself she will stop taking care of me. For me its a big threat because I can't live by myself that much yet, I can't be independent yet.I just hate her for being inconsiderate, She gives me stress and depression whenever we argue about my sexuality. I NEVER WANTED TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH HER REGARDING MY SEXUALITY EVER SINCE SHE DISCOVERED THAT I COULD BE GAY/BISEXUAL. She just pisses me off with her words that only repeats and repeats itself and she always thinks that if I pray to God my gayness will be away, I can't force myself to be very faithful even though I'm not and majority of the people here did the same way and nothing happened and they are still homo's. I just need some advices to regulate and manage my anger and stress whenever I'm home and talking to them. :X

This is off topic, but I'm also thinking that me being a homo is because I was just adopted even since I was 1 day old with no knowledge about my real biological parents :/

2. AKTodd

Dude I'm sorry you are going thru this. (*hug*)

To address your last point first, most gay people are not adopted and know their parents their whole lives. Sorry, but the facts don't support your theory, I'm afraid.

Regarding your mom. If you truly feel that you may be in danger from her, either literally or by being kicked out of your house then you may need to just lie to her. Pretend her arguments have worked or that you prayed about it or whatever gets her to shut up. Then play that game until you are old enough to leave home and get away from her after which you can live as you choose. Not the ideal option, of course. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. You can still talk to folks here on EC or at a support center or something behind your moms back. If you really feel you need to, look into being able to contact the police and child protective services. That's a worst case scenario, but so is threatening you.

Assuming things haven't reached that point yet, you could try talking to someone at your local chapter of PFLAG or at one of the gay friendly church denominations like the Unitarian Universalists or the Episcopalians. If you can get your mom to talk to them, even better. There is also a video by a guy named Mathew Vines that you could watch and maybe get her to watch. It talks about religion and being LGBT. You can find it on YouTube.

You might also try being very calm with your mom rather than yelling at her. Tell her it's unfortunate she feels as she does, but this is just the way you are and there's really nothing more to discuss.

Hope this helps and hang in there (&&&)

Todd

#2 AKTodd, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  3. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you Sir Todd. You've always been helpful to me. :grin:

4. srslywtf

Just ignore her... Not much else you can do.

Remember it's only pissing you off if you let it get to you.. be strong. youll be independant soon enough.