1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loner - I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ThatAsain, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ThatAsain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello,

I need some advice. I am an 18 year old Asian male who is currently single but not desperate. Lately I have been thinking about my future which is weird because I use to think about my past a lot. The past is mostly about my past mistakes and such but this year I have become a better person and saying to myself "It's never to late to start over" since I'm still young. Back then I use to be a whore and I wasn't myself at all. I just try to be different just to fit in, be cool or whatsoever. I would dye my hair a lot (which I kind of am doing sometimes but right now it's my natural hair color which is black), paint my nails, where accessories, paint my nails, etc. I was bullied at school and there was love and hate. I just got tired of the hatered so I decided to drop out of school. Later on I felt like a failure and started gaining weight. That point I told myself that I needed to change and be myself. Later on I worked on that and I feel better than before.

Anyways, my future... Well, I really feel like will I ever find that ''true love'' one day? Another thing is I'm not a really sociable person, even on Facebook and dating sites. I get online a lot but I rarely speak to people on there. Reason why is because I'm a shy person, I really hate to have the feeling of being rejected, and I suck at talking to new people. I also don't like to date a guy who just wants sex most of the time. I do have friends but I only talk to a few people. I'm not complaining though because these people are my true friends. Sometimes I feel like a loner though and it sucks. I wonder if I will be like one of those cat ladies lol.

So if anyone can give me some advice and keep me in a positive mood I'd appreciate it. n_n

2. Jerk88

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going through the same thing but I hate being alone.

3. srslywtf

Hey, stick to it. Try to force yourself to be social. Take some risks!

It took me up until maybe a year ago until I finally got really comfortable with social situations.. I'm still not great, but I can hold my own.

You need to develop wide social networks to meet potential loves. Remember if you meet a lover, their friends will probably go with them if it ends. If you meet a friend, you unlock a whole new group of people, who in turn will unlock more.

4. nemocplus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to be really shy as well but one day I decided enough was enough. What I started doing was going up to random people in my school and asking them for high fives. This builds up your confidence a little bit and lets people know you're around. Once I did this for a few days in between classes people started talking to me, asking me how my day went. Some people are a little creeped out but the worst thing someone has done is walk away. Anyways this is just something that has worked for me I don't know if it will work for you but there is some advice for you!

:kiss:

5. Jared

In high school and my freshman year of college I was crippling shy. I hardly had any friends, never talked to people and couldn't even imagine trying to flirt with a guy. About a year ago I started forcing myself to social and it was painful at first, but it got easier as time went on. Just try to force yourself to be a bit more social and do it in small steps, don't throw yourself into the middle of Extrovertland, it's a scary place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha I'm still fairly shy and introverted, but I can be social now and I'm okay with it :slight_smile:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not impossible that some guy will take a shine to you and start making the moves on you. But your chances of having something happen get a lot larger if you take steps to improve your odds. And, sad to say, that does mean things like chatting to people, initiating contact, and putting yourself out there more.

Lex

7. Mhin

Youre young. love will find its way :slight_smile:

8. ThatAsain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my gosh, sorry for the late reply. Thank you guys for helping! I am currently trying to overcome my shyness. I went to a gay club with my friends and it was awesome all of us were dancing and I saw a lot of cute guys and some gave me eye contact like we looked at each other for a second for a few times. I would like to make new friends. Sad thing is it's just a simple convo like ''hi, what's up, bye.'' It's so hard for me just to approach to a random dude and say hi. Again I just don't like the feeling of rejection or whatsoever. It puts me in a really bad mood and I guess I take it way tooo serious.

Also.. my friend told me that most guys don't like Asians in general, is this true? Oh come on, I'm awesome. 8)

9. Jared

I feel like there's is a fair amount of the gay community that doesn't like Asians, just like there are guys who don't like Blacks, Latinos, whites etc. guys like that aren't worth your time. Most of the guys I know like Asian guys just as much as other races, though my best friend pretty much exclusively likes Asians, he white btw. I personally don't really care what race a guy is, though both of my boyfriends have been Asian.

10. ThatAsain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd have to agree with you. People have different tastes. I like tall white dudes so tell your friends to hit me up haha. I also saw a photo of you and Billy together, you two seem happy. That's nice. :slight_smile: