1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Westley, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Westley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know this topic probably already has a lot written about it, but I believe every situation is different. If this post rambles I apologize in advance for your horrible reading experience. However I will try to keep this as concise as possible. For the purposes of this post and in order to keep things as anonymous as possible I will call the guy in question Chris from here on in.
    Anyways, it started last December (or was it November, I really don't remember). We're both in high school and our school hosts optional overnights that last the weekend. I chose not to go on the overnight because I hate missing school (it started Friday) and also because I'm not exactly comfortable in that sort of scenario. After the overnight, we were having a class study session for a test and he asked me why I wasn't there. I told him I don't like missing school. Afterwards he mentioned that we could've bunked together which raised an initial alarm in my head because sure we're friendly, but we've known each other already for a year and haven't hung out or anything. Anyways I didn't think much of it until I started catching him look in my direction. Around that time there was another class study session, in which Chris was chatting with some of his friends and he mentioned the last name gropper. I mentioned how I found that to be an interesting last name which I guess he took as some form of invitation because the next thing I know he's feeling my chest. I should note he's in the popular group in my grade (and school-at-large) whereas I'm probably a little more on the unpopular/nerdy side, if that's of any use.
    After winter vacation, we had substitute teacher in one of our classes. He asked me to hug him, which I did, not suspecting anything then. It happened in math class a couple days later, except no substitute teacher. As well, there was this time when he asked me to be in a snapchat with him. Again no objections until I saw him draw a pink heart in between the two of us, but I didn't say anything. There was a couple of the usual contacts like touching my hand, usually once every day. Then it suddenly stopped in February. I should probably note that he has a girlfriend of 6 months or so as of this writing.
    Then around exam time (May/June) it started again. Again just usual touching. Except this one time before an exam I noticed if try and touch me but pull back immediately after. Also going home from one the exams he feeled my chest for a good 10-15 seconds before going to his seat. And getting off at his stop he pat my head. We also were discussing plans for next year and he's mentioned multiple times that he's interested in rooming with me for Model UN, which he hasn't done before. Also, he's developed a nickname of (insert last name here) nation. Note he doesn't actually say insert last name here, he says my actually last name which I'm keeping off here for anonymity.
    That's all the signs I've received him from over the course of this half a year. I'm not out yet nor is he (assuming he's gay). However, there was there one incident I overhead between him and his friend, where the friend was asking him about his sexual orientation. First he asked if he was gay, to which he said no. Then bi, also no. Then straight, also no. Although he seemed defensive in his tone. Please note I may be reading into the situation and presenting a selective narrative and it could all be nothing.
    So my question after all of this is does Chris like me? Just to reiterate he does have a girlfriend of 6 months or so and is much more popular than me. I apologize for the rambling nature of this post. All answers would be very much appreciated.

2. Hrantou

Oi! That sure is confusing as bonkers, so I can understand where you're a little iffy on it. But my advice is that is he has a girlfriend and they've been going for the 6 months, I wouldn't go there. He may be gay, or bi, or questioning, but if they've been dating this long then I wouldn't.

That's not saying he doesn't like you. He may find you very attractive. But to reiterate, if hes dating, I wouldn't go there.

Keep us updated though. :thumbsup:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If his flirting is really affecting you, then you could tell him you don't think his behavior is appropriate because he's in a relationship. You don't need to be overt in suggesting the behavior "appears gay", but it may help coax him into deciding what he really wants.