1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

peoples preferences

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Thisbiguy, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Thisbiguy

Thisbiguy Guest

I've been reading on other forums and people talk about how they want someone who is funny, intelligent, and slim. This probably doesn't belong in this section but I need to vent. I'm over weight and I've tried everything. Most people will say, hey don't lose hope you'll drop the weight soon. But I want a serious relationship and that's not gonna happen:bang:. Well any way I hope no one gets mad at me, I just needed to vent.

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2013 at 03:53 PM ----------

Btw, I'm 14 and 220

2. livinglifefree

It is silly to think that no one will be attracted to you if you are overweight. I know plenty of gay and straight guys and girls that are overweight and in relationships. I know it feels like no one will want to be with you, but that just isn't true. A lot of people are attracted to bigger males. You just have to be confident in yourself and believe that you are worth something.

3. srslywtf

Would you go out with an overweight guy?

If you want to go out with a thin guy, I think its reasonable for them to expect the same time. But if you're ok with being overweight, there are plenty of other overweight people.

As for losing weight.. Something I've recently learnt - happiness doesnt come from being thin, being thin comes from being happy. Look at what's making you unhappy in your life. not your image, but what is causing you to eat / not exercise / be unmotivated.

I always wanted to be thin, but wasn't able to achieve it until halfway through last year - I got a few things right in my life and all of a sudden it's as easy as everyone says it is.

4. Thisbiguy

Thisbiguy Guest

Thank you
    :eusa_clap

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2013 at 04:19 PM ----------

Thank you as well:eusa_clap

5. BudderMC

It's important to keep in mind that you're 14: you're still growing and the physical aspects about your body will change. You're also young enough that you can develop healthier habits if your weight/body image is a personal concern.

What exactly have you tried when you said you've tried "everything"? There's no quick shortcut way to weight loss - it's a long-term lifestyle change you're looking at. And frankly, being 14 you simply haven't had the time on earth long enough to have given a lot of different things a try.

I personally am not typically attracted to an overweight person. I was very overweight a couple of years ago and have put in effort towards being healthier, and I have results to show for the work I did. It certainly has affected my view on things, but a relatively healthy lifestyle is one I'd like to adopt (and maintain), so I'd like a boyfriend who values the same things I do.

But would I write someone off just because they're overweight? Not at all.

6. Jared

Being overweight doesn't exclude you from a relationship. I've struggled with my weight for my whole life and I'm currently overweight, working on it with moderate success. My boyfriend is pretty much the epitome of a twink and toothpick thin. Just remember confidence is sexy, just try to be okay with how you look, it helped me a lot. And there are guys out there who are exclusively attracted to bigger guys.

If you want weight loss tips, try to not snack on empty calories and avoid soda. I did that when I started college and lost nearly 70lbs my freshman year. Weight loss needs to/will be slow and gradual, so don't expect it drop off quickly. And if it does it'll likely come back, I dropped 20lbs in a few weeks last year and it came back not long after, though I didn't lose it in a healthy way, basically starved myself. Another thing I learned was that you need to want to lose the weight for YOU and not someone else.

#6 Jared, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  7. Pat

Pat

Ehh, keep working out. Physical fitness is a big part of the gay community. But there are also guys who love big guys lol. I'm not exactly fat anymore, but I'm a big guy, stocky build.. I don't know if you've heard of a bear, but there's a place for everyone, you just have to find it. If you like being a big guy for now, embrace that side of being gay and you'll find the little twink of your dreams if that's what you're into lol. Keep working out and keep being you, dealing with that myself along with being a black gay guy in atlanta lol.. You just keep on trucking and the people who are supposed to be in your life will be there. I mean, ask yourself if you reeeeeally want to be with the guy that would judge you on your outer appearance. Being overweight or a different race from the preferences you like can be a gift in disguise. Kudos Jared. If you think you're the shit, so will they. Confidence is a must! You get to determine how people treat you, never forget.