1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ugh...dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sammy1, Jul 28, 2013.

1. sammy1

So theres this girl i work with who i really like she is insanly beautiful and funny i would like to ask her out eventually but i need to get to know her better first because i dont know yet if shes into girls or not . I just dont know how to find out...im extremly shy :frowning2: can anyone suggest some ways of finding this out without being like 'hey are you gay?' Or any relationship advice would b great because i have not even been on a date in my life so im pretty much clueless when it comes to dating and relationships. I like the idea of becoming good friends FIRST then ask out but i dont even know how to make that happen! I feel like it should b common sense for everyone but i dont think i have it lol any advise regaurding relationships/dating or ways to confirm if someone is gay or not i would really appreciate! :slight_smile: oh i forgot to say...we only just have small conversations with eachother so far, and shes quite feminine so its extremly hard for me to tell if she is gay or not! I would honestly b a bit crushed if she is straight! She has tge most beautiful smile i have ever seen and such gorgous eyes! Mmmmm!

2. Jamilynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I didn't go on my first date, or have my first kiss until I was 21 so its not the end of the world. I would say keep talking with her, get to know her, and become friends, but if you do end up asking her out I wouldn't wait to long. My first relationship started out as a friendship. You can simply ask her "hey would you like to get together outside of work sometime?" It doesn't have to be a date at first. There's lots of non-verbal clues you might be able to pick up on to tell if she likes you or not. Do you eyes ever meet, only to have her look away quickly? Does she ever bite her lip, look at the ground when she talks to you, or anything else that seems like she is being distant and yet interested? Who knows, she may be thinking the same thing about you, that you are thinking about her! Both of the relationships I have had started online so it was easier for me to tell all this. If all else fails you could always ask her. Just be honest. If she is gay or bi then you will know, and if not you will know that as well. An honest and open person will appreciate honesty, and honesty is something you should be looking for in a relationship. Hope this helps :/

3. Pat

Pat

I think us gay people are a little impatient with others :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol. You have to want to be her friend first! Get to know her. Listen well. 9/10 you'll figure out what you want to know. And then in the moment when the conversation shifts to maybe..sexuality, don't be afraid to be vocal and let her know that you're gay. I wouldn't go as far as letting her know you're interested in her at the same time, that can be pretty big.. Do things in pieces. Don't be afraid to ask questions! I ask guys about their gfs all the time or if they're single so it'll lead to more conversation if I'm still unsure if they're gay or straight after a couple weeks. It always tends to work out because I like to think we're more flirty than we think we are..So things will probably work out in the course of conversation.

4. Jamilynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I didn't go on my first date, or have my first kiss until I was 21 so its not the end of the world. I would say keep talking with her, get to know her, and become friends, but if you do end up asking her out I wouldn't wait to long. My first relationship started out as a friendship. You can simply ask her "hey would you like to get together outside of work sometime?" It doesn't have to be a date at first. There's lots of non-verbal clues you might be able to pick up on to tell if she likes you or not. Do you eyes ever meet, only to have her look away quickly? Does she ever bite her lip, look at the ground when she talks to you, or anything else that seems like she is being distant and yet interested? Who knows, she may be thinking the same thing about you, that you are thinking about her! Both of the relationships I have had started online so it was easier for me to tell all this. If all else fails you could always ask her. Just be honest. If she is gay or bi then you will know, and if not you will know that as well. An honest and open person will appreciate honesty, and honesty is something you should be looking for in a relationship. Hope this helps :/

5. nemocplus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  6. sammy1

Thanks guys for the great advice :slight_smile: ill keep an eye out for those signs! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and yah i believe the best relationships start off as good friendships first...so i guess i have to b very patient!