1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please!! I'm into a guy, and I feel he's into me too, but he avoids me!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Messedupguy, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Messedupguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, I'm in college, and there's this upper year guy that I'm attracted to for some time now (a year actually). In the past, he did some things where I can at least guess that he likes me too (i.e. at my periph. vision, I know he stares at me, when i look back, he turns his face down and smiles. He changes his voice to a softer kinda tone when he talks to me, diff. from other people that he used to talk to. and he always wants me to notice him/talk to him, if i did not, he throws a tantrum).

During the resume of classes this sem (just after the summer), he saw me at the building where we used to have our classes in the previous sem. Maybe bec. he didn't see me the whole summer, or something of the sort, he looked at me with such passion and intensity, as if he really missed me for all his life. But I guess, i was in a bad shape that day that I didn't really talked to him (he was with his batchmates anyway). And then there! Suddenly he just stopped talking to me, and up to now he doesn't. But still, I can feel that he terribly misses me, and he still stares at me whenever he thinks I'm not looking. I just miss so much but I'm so shy (and I think he also is), plus the pride that's why we don't talk. In one of my classes, his seat is just next to me, and whenever he arrives, my heart stops! I also notice that he fidgets alot, as if he's so nervous that I'm near him, or as if he tries his best to fight off what he feels (repressed feelings) when I'm near. Please help, coz i think i'm in love with him. I just miss him and I want him back. There are times when he sits next to me that I just want to devour his lips with kisses. Please help.

2. Phoenixaaa

I know a guy I would cover in kisses! :lol: Sorry, that probably wasn't much help, but I couldn't resist. :kiss:

3. Pat

Pat

I try to give advice from my own perspectives here and sometimes they don't come out all sugar coated, here's the caveat.. just so you know I have your best interest in mind....

I don't like to play games. If you're not out to him, you should be. That's the only way to find out. If you like him, then you may have to be the one to approach. I think you should just keep it light because it sounds like you don't have much of a friendship with this guy. You have a bunch of perceptions about what his demeanors mean, but none of it is really factual. Guys can be weird as fuck. Honestly. I had a boy in high school that loved to make me smile and laugh at him.. but that amounted to nothingness. I know he's curious because he's all over CL lol.. but it never transpired into the type of emotional bond I wanted him to develop with me. 6 years later and I never did really know how he felt. That's why I say take the initiative in this case. Don't play games. Be frank. I would say,"Hey man! We haven't talked much lately! How's everything for you?" Get into the friendship phase for a while and just get to know him. Signs don't mean much of anything these days because men in general want to be appreciated. In other words, if you step outside of this situation and think logically for a second.. It sounds really childish to be playing this game of tug and war. I mean, if you're not out, I would understand, but even still.. you have to be the one to play your cards at the spades game..or else we'll be sitting there all damn night :wink: I wouldn't recommend telling him how you feel per se, but it's okay to hint at it. I would really recommend getting to know him (vocally, not through gestures) and figure out what's up with him. Some guys really are just silly as hell and subconciously seek approval from others and may not know when they're sending gay/bi curious signals.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^Great advice and observations. The worst thing you can do is do nothing and keep regretting it years from now.

Start building a friendship first until you can get a better handle on the situation. Ask open ended questions to see if he's interested in what you have to stay above and beyond what normal people would do.