1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clockworkfox, Jul 29, 2013.

1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so

I've been coming to terms with my gender identity for a few years now. And I've told the guy I'm currently seeing a while ago that I'm not a girl, and at first he seemed really cool with it. He said that it didn't matter because I was me, and he liked me for who I was, not what I looked like. Which was one of the most amazing reactions I think I could have gotten, to be honest. Even if it was a drunk reaction to a drunk acknowledgement of some deeply guarded personal feelings.

Anyway, lately he seems to have either forgotten about it, or he's more freaked out by it than he initially led me to believe. And I feel like I should probably talk to him about it again, but I don't want to - it will be the fourth time I've brought it up with him. The more he ignores (or innocently forgets, I can't really tell) my identity the worse I feel. In all other respects he's a very sweet person. He's the only straight guy I ever dated though, and I'm afraid this might be going nowhere. :confused:

2. nkwacky

nkwacky Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I know this is not a conversation you'd like to have repeatedly, bit you two need to be on the same page. Tell him that he has to be willing to talk to you about this instead of ignoring it to make your relationship work. If he genuinely is a nice guy, he will be honest with you and then you two could move past it.