1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallen in love with a girl who lives on another continent

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Krissy, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Krissy

I go to a camp in North Carolina every summer, and it is full of open-minded and kind people. I bond with them more deeply than my friends at school, and after two years, I've fallen in love with this girl who I was close with while at camp.

I've never been deep enough in love to sacrifice anything significant for someone else, but even though I live on another continent, my feelings aren't fading. I have the gut feeling that this won't fade if I don't force it to, not for a really long time. I connect to her on a deep level that I don't have with anyone else. However, I live extremely far away. On the other side of the planet.

I am visiting her during Christmas and next Summer, but should I try to get over it? Is it worth it to wait a long time to meet her?

(I already know she likes me back, to an extent. We did talk about the attraction, and kissed.)

2. Nick07

sure it is worth it :slight_smile:

These days, you can Skype or text. I am not saying you have to marry her :wink: But why giving up something that makes you happy?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Love knows no distance.