1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on a friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DylanBoy, May 10, 2008.

1. DylanBoy

I recently came out to my best friend who I've known forever. He's been pretty supportive but I feel like it's made me like him more - in a more than friendly way. I guess I understand how trusting him with this can make me feel more attached to him, but I don't want to harm the friendship. Have other people gone through this when coming out to cute guys?

2. Vampyrecat

Not really, but I can assure you, that your feelings are perfectly natural. You've just told something so important, and he's taken it so well. It's natural to feel more then a little attachment to a friend you trust...I know I certainly felt that way with my older friends...:slight_smile:

Wait and see if this continues, if, in say....6 months time you still like him, then I suggest you have a talk with him and tell him, honestly that while you have feelings for him, you don't want to ruin the friendship.

3. darkestknight

Ah, good to hear that your best friend takes it well. And at least you know much about your best friend, so you might come out easily to him.

However, in my another case, I had a crush on my best friend's friend (it's very difficult since I don't know his backgrounds!!), and I did admitted to him aboutta month ago. He is a very nice person, and we even kept in touch. :slight_smile:

4. Peridot

I was in the same situation when I came out to my friend. I told her I liked her, but promised I wouldn't do anything. She took it fine, really. We're still the same best buds, like nothing changed.
    Wait for a few months and then tell him. But make sure you tell him somewhere in case you need to talk it out with him.