1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me, I don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AyaLou, Jul 31, 2013.

1. AyaLou

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This may be really long and for that I apologise but I really dont know what to do.

I got my first girlfriend a little under two months ago and I like her a lot, I think I almost love her and I'm just so happy. However, the other day she gave me a love bite which, you know, as a teenager, was bound to happen at some point. When it has almost faded, I went for a run with my mum and she said "whats that bruise on your neck?" to which I replied "I dont know, it must have happened when we were play fighting earlier" and she worried about it for days, and she thought my girlfriend (lets call her Jane) has hurt me. She asked about it earlier and I had to tell her because having my mum know I'm gay is better than her thinking that Jane hurt me. Tonight she told me that im not allowed to see Jane anymore, but for a different reason.

My mum found out about my issues with self harm a while back and since then she's been watching me like a hawk, checking up on me every half hour and wanting to read my work etc. Which I get, because she's worried. But Jane is also suffering with depression and my mum knows because of something that happened back in May. She said that I can't see her in order to take better care of my own mental health. Shoe also said it was because I was too young to be having a relationship and that I could be straight after all thus, even though I know I'm not. Something she can't understand is that Jane helped me a lot and now I can't see her anymore, I feel so lonely. Now I have one person in the world and that's a scary feeling. My mum said she didn't care about me being gay, which is good, but I can't help but feel, through what she said, that she did this because she doesn't want me to be in a lesbian relationship, to some extent.

I guess what I'm asking is;what should I do? I feel really naive that I thought this sort of thing only happened in books or sad fanfiction. There's probably more but I'm too upset right now to type much else.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: